How do you prove you are the #1 WR?

PP has a clause in his contract which pays bonuses if he becomes the #1 WR. How does this get determined? # of catches? Which DB he lines up against? This confuses me. Because as much as LE is our best WR, it wouldnt suprise me if PP (or someone else) gets more receptions. Its an odd clause. Oh, and Clumpy if you see this, would a clause like this one be considered LTBE? Very bizzare.

you beat on your chest and tell everybody you are #1! oh whoops willis did that and proved thats not how you do it lol lol lol..............well you get double teamed,defensive coordinators have to game plan for you..............and you get more touchdowns and yards then the #2 receiver..and lastly...the qb ultimately says you are his go to guy.......go j.p and go bills in"06

the #1 receiver is a position, just because there are 2 in a base set doesnt mean you dont know who the number 1 is. The "X" and the "Z" are defined positions that have defined routs, so the number 1 receiver will usually be the "Z" on any given play.

PP has a clause in his contract which pays bonuses if he becomes the #1 WR.  How does this get determined?  # of catches?  Which DB he lines up against?  This confuses me.  Because as much as LE is our best WR, it wouldnt suprise me if PP (or someone else) gets more receptions.  Its an odd clause.  Oh, and Clumpy if you see this, would a clause like this one be considered LTBE?  Very bizzare.

658318[/snapback]

Easy, you must lead the receiving corps in catches, yards, touchdowns and be the first option in the red zone (in a passing situation, of course). At the end of the year, we'll know who this WR is.