BTW, how do folks feel about the rallies?

As you know, African-Americans were forcefully brought in as slaves. Illegal Aliens violated our borders to get here, and we "punish" them with free medical care and other benefits.

Forget corrupt politicians, if you think that a majority of African American CITIZENS want illegals in this country, I think that you are nuts.

A funny, nice guy, but nuts.  :o  :P  :)

658684[/snapback]

Ya... I am whacked... ;):D

But, you don't hear too much from people on this board from people that come from the wage/hourly sector...

So Bill, I just appear nuts... ;);)

I never said that (blue). Just bringing up the question because YOU seemed to portray that they did... I may be wrong, if I was, please excuse me.

I am totally with you on this argument.

It is the powers that be on both sides that want this... It is the elite professionals that don't fear their jobs being lost that want this... My uber-liberal, professional (management) wife is all for it... :D:P The unions (not necessarily the rank and file... But the rank and file are brainwashed into accepting it) want to swell their rolls too...

As a pro-unionist, I look at it like a better deal to toss all these illegals out... We would have more leverage (no matter what the union bosses say) by doing this.

I say, go with smaller numbers and throw up protectionist barriers with regards to labor. Until there is a free flow of both product AND labor... Those barriers must remain.

It leaves quite a situation... No matter which way you look at it is the American workers with jobs at risk that are being pinched.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the Chinese...who built the railroads!

659018[/snapback]

That is true.

On another note:

My family is Polish... Imagine what a hard time it was for my grandfather, his brothers, and my father to get a job on the railroad... Even 50 years ago... Once you did and it became known what your heritage was... Things often got tense... One good thing about the work environment back then was that you could use your fists to shut somebody up. :D

At least with some (my family) they could add an apostrophe to their name to make it seem Irish.

But... I digress... Back to the main topic of the thread.