Broncos | Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft

Max997

Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

if Davis is still there at 8 I would make that trade in a heartbeat

Interesting. I was thinking with as much hype as Davis has been getting (especially on these boards) that he might not last to the Bills' pick. This seems to validate that. If he is still there, the Bills have to make that trade... too many holes on this team to take a TE in the top 10.

Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

if Davis is still there at 8 I would make that trade in a heartbeat

657158[/snapback]

Good post!

Whether Davis will be a bust or an all-time great, he is on or near the bottom of my list of the players I would want the Bills to take at #8. I would really rather see the Bills draft linemen on both sides.

Much also depends on what happens wrt Clements. I am all for keeping Nate, but imo, scenarios do exist where a trade would be beneficial to both Nate and the Bills.

Things are going to get very interesting, very soon.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those would be perfect value picks as well for taking both Bunkley and Justice.  Let's hope Davis drops :D  Of course, to make it work for #8 as opposed to #5 or #6, we may have to throw in another draft pick.  Not sure what the point charts show for that.

657174[/snapback]

Bunkley wont make it past cleveland. Justice at 15 yeah, If we traded down I'd love Justice and Nick Mangold, or Justice and Antonio Cromartie or Justice and Jason Allen, but yeah Bunkley probably wont be available at 15.