Maybe it's time to reverse the Merger

Jack, you are the expert. Can you think of a way that this money (which I think adds up to quite a bit) could go into Ralph's pocket rather than to the brokers?

I am looking at the current system and it makes no sense to me (not that you should be that surprised  :w00t: ).

657165[/snapback]

Any owner (even RW) only cares that every seat is sold - doesn't really matter if a fanny is in it, although that means some extra $$$ from concessions. The sold seat is his revenue - an empty seat = zero dollars.

Every NFL team has made a profit on opening day - the whole "collective" revenue thing (and TV) makes that a done deal. What individual teams do after that can add or subract from that money. But they have already made their year - and the salary cap helps quarantee that.

Now the hypocrisy of the system -

Last season Dallas opened at the Chargers. The Chargers sold approx. 19-20K new season tickets based upon their strong showing in 2004. (The previous 2003 season - two games sold out - in 2005 every game sold out).

The day after the Dallas game the papers and radio waves were full of angst because so many Cowboy fans were in the stands while loyal Charger fans were locked outside the gates. Team representatives were quoted as saying they were looking at ways to manage the unfair situation. The same scenario occurs every year when Raider fans take over Mission valley.

Oddly enough by Week 6 - season ticket holders were getting promotional mailings from the Chargers - endorsing Stub.Hub - and the team also featured it on their web site. The Chargers also allow season ticket holders to digitally sell their tickets through Ticketmaster up to two hours before the game.

Don't cry for me <_<

The sad thing is that the Bills ticket office remains so far behind the times

Is Jerry Foran still in charge ? :D

Is Jerry Foran still in charge ?  :D

657228[/snapback]

He's still there....

Jerry Foran Senior Advisor, Ticket Operations

I don't think he's "in charge" since there are a couple of people labeled "Assistant Director" above him on the Front Office list.