What's depressing about the schedule is ...

It is still possible to have a sunday prime time game, the last few weeks are no on a 12 day advance notice for prime time. The league will pick them based on performance and what would make a good game for primetime (like a big rivalry or something with playoff implications). They want everyone to tune in, not just fans of those football teams.

Why would we want prime time games anyways, Buffalo is never good in them.

Didn't we have a Sunday night game against the Patriots in 2004?  It was a blowout (for the Pats :( ) if I recall!

654708[/snapback]

Correct, maybe I'm thinking of '03? I'm pretty sure we played an entire season of day games recently.

edit: '03 was the infamous Travis pass in Miami. What about '02?

I just thought of the silver lining of opening up against NE and Bellichek. He wont have time to game plan a master defense against our new offense. he is going to be winging it from the opening kick off. SHould give us an edge to win that game. I predict a win for the ambush at Gillette stadium !

I just thought of the silver lining of opening up against NE and Bellichek. He wont have time to game plan a master defense against our new offense. he is going to be winging it from the opening kick off. SHould give us an edge to win that game. I predict a win for the ambush at Gillette stadium !

654808[/snapback]

First play from scrimmage..Roscoe steps under center, JP lines up in the slot. Wait a minute...that was last year.

Hey, thanks for the link...it wasn't nearly the blowout I was thinking it was! :(

654730[/snapback]

Oh, yes it was... maybe not score-wise, but that's only because Belichick called off the hounds in the second half. Wanna see something really ugly? Check out Drew's numbers in this clip from last season's Halloween Eve preview:

LAST MEETING: November 14, 2004 – Patriots 29, Bills 6

The latest Sunday Night Special - New England built a 23-0 lead before a 70-yard Jonathan Smith punt return late in the third quarter saved Buffalo the embarrassment of a second straight shutout loss in Foxborough. Drew Bledsoe was a forgettable 8-19 for 76 yards and 3 interceptions on the night; in garbage time, the Patriot defense gave rookie J.P. Losman a rude welcome to the NFL. For New England, Corey Dillon piled up 151 yards on 26 carries, Tom Brady threw two short TD passes, and Adam Vinatieri added five FGs in the easy win.

Correct, maybe I'm thinking of '03?  I'm pretty sure we played an entire season of day games recently.

edit: '03 was the infamous Travis pass in Miami.  What about '02?

654799[/snapback]

2002 is correct, although there were two late games. (4:15 at Minnesota and 4:05 at Denver, in back-to-back weeks.)

I'm not too thrilled about the 3 December home games.  BRRRRRR.  :(

654742[/snapback]

i love december home games!!

and i'm not at all worried about the schedule. i mean, lets face it, this team is going to SUCK. what difference does it make if we start with 8 straight games against the afc east?? we're not going to win more than 4 anyway, so the ORDER in whcih we get our beatings will, in the end, mean very little.

i don't really give a steve trojan about what the league thinks about our beloved bills................i just want to see us go out and play as hard as we can and develop the team.i have faith that with marv at the helm in 3 years we will really be a contender for a superbowl........."06 season we become a team..............."07 season we make the playoffs..............."08 we are serious contenders with a good solid young team.

The lack of primetime for Buffalo doesn't bother me. YEs, we are insignificant now, but in the NFL you can become significant overnight. If the Bills pull a shocker and have a good , exciting young team that is in playoff contention.....one of those last 5 games will no doubt be moved to a Sunday nighter.

No BS about building to the playoffs this year.  This team might have 2 or 3 rebuilding years ahead due the complete neglect of the lines under TD's seriously flawed direction.

654711[/snapback]

Nah, the Bills have got decent skill position players but the offensive line and the interior of the defensive line suck. This is a draft deep in OL and DL players and they've got ten picks. A couple of those second-day picks can be traded for an additional first-day pick. If the Bills draft well in the OL and DL departments, the lines could be improved markedly. With decent pass and run blocking, the QB, RB, WRs and even TEs will show us what they're capable of. With some pressure and run-stuffing in the middle of the DL, the defense will be back in the top ten.

Look at 2 years ago, Buffalo was not expected to be good, had trouble beating NE, they open up at home against them and blow them out. (of course we were blown out in the next game against them by the same score)

654870[/snapback]

Yeah but that game was in the Bills' house.

I'm not too thrilled about the 3 December home games.  BRRRRRR.  :P

654742[/snapback]

It's a GREAT thing for the Bills, IMO. I'm sure you'll find someone warm to cuddle with, Cablebabe.