The booing will be heard for miles

I'd go to the dollar store, pick up a bunch of those cheapo D Cell batteries, paint them green and sell them for 5 bucks a pop outside of the Philly stadium that day. I have a feeling I'd make a fortune, nothing says "The proper way for Philly fans to express one's rational anger" like chucking batteries at TO from the stands.

I'd go to the dollar store, pick up a bunch of those cheapo D Cell batteries, paint them green and sell them for 5 bucks a pop outside of the Philly stadium that day.  I have a feeling I'd make a fortune, nothing says "The proper way for Philly fans to express one's rational anger" like chucking batteries at TO from the stands.

654615[/snapback]

Good thing for TO's sake that he never played in Buffalo. He'd rue the day his team visited on "Canada Day", when there's plenty of beer and lit cigarettes to throw around.

I'd go to the dollar store, pick up a bunch of those cheapo D Cell batteries, paint them green and sell them for 5 bucks a pop outside of the Philly stadium that day.  I have a feeling I'd make a fortune, nothing says "The proper way for Philly fans to express one's rational anger" like chucking batteries at TO from the stands.

654615[/snapback]

Here's to Drew standing next to him. :(

I'm toying w/ the idea of making the trip to Chi town for that one.

654632[/snapback]

Stop toying, and start planning. Aussie is putting together plans for a trip, so you know it'll be a good one. Maybe TD will even stop by...?

654615[/snapback]

9v batteries were the ones Pirates fans used to fling at Dave Parker. True, they weigh less, but the corners and the terminals lend themself to drawing blood. :)

9v batteries were the ones Pirates fans used to fling at Dave Parker.  True, they weigh less, but the corners and the terminals lend themself to drawing blood. :)

655227[/snapback]

Dave Parker? Now that takes me back a bit. I remember being @ the last game of the '79 NL Championship, when the Pirates beat Cincy en route to winning the World Series.

Dave Parker?  Now that takes me back a bit.  I remember being @ the last game of the '79 NL Championship, when the Pirates beat Cincy en route to winning the World Series.

655237[/snapback]

Danny Murghtauhs (sp?) club, I think. IIRC, they came back from 3 - 1 to knock off the Orioles.

I don't recall what precipitated the battery tosses at Parker, though. He was involved in a cocaine scandal with some other players, and they ratted out their supplier to escape w/o charges.

I went to lots of Pirates games - and Three Rivers, being a "round"-style stadium, had great sight lines for baseball, anywhere in the park.

Danny Murghtauhs (sp?) club, I think  IIRC, they came back from 3 - 1 to knock off the Orioles.

I don't recall what precipitated the battery tosses at Parker, though. He was involved in a cocaine scandal with some other players, and they ratted out their supplier to escape w/o charges.

655240[/snapback]

Yeah, I think that was the year they came back from 3-1 down. I just remember the stadium erupting when Cesar Geronimo struck out, which started the "We Are Family" party.

I have to agree with James Washington on FOX sports radio this morning on this situation...I just don't see the big deal...The guy was in Philly for 2 seasons, and only played a total of 1 season in two years! He put up great numbers while he was there, but Philly is treating him like he is the entire reason the franchise didn't win the Super Bowl, and for the downfall of the team. I could understand the massive anger if McNabb was playing for Dallas and coming back to Philly, but to me, hes no different than any other free agent, money grubbing guy.

The problem with this situation is, that TO is a great reciever on the field. And he knows the ins and outs of those DBs in Philly. I think he blows up in the two games they play next year, and Philly fans go home feeling empty because they never get that "big hit" on TO...