With EM gone we got cap savings & draft pick(s).

The draft compensation, I believe, is still undetermined but we did get cap savings with this trade. The money should be used on our own young quality veteran CB Nate Clements. This would most definitely help take the sting out of losing one of our long term players. Teams have been re-signing there own players instead of overpaying for some FA. This is a practice that we need to employ. Our team is getting younger and we still have some young seasoned players at the same time. The complexion of this team is looking good, let's keep it going.

Again you need two to get a deal done.  If I'm Clements why do I sign a long term deal when I could be facing a bonanza payday next year?  I'm not saying he wouldn't, and that the Bills shouldn't try.

653725[/snapback]

Players get injured, that's why. Security over bonanza payday.

Players get injured, that's why.  Security over bonanza payday.

653738[/snapback]

I'm not saying that it's not possible that Clements would sign long term. Just don't act like the Bills haven't made an attempt if it winds up that a long term deal isn't reached. Nobody here knows what Clements has been approached with.

I've said this in past posts.....with Nates current franchise tag number we are still around 14 million under the cap...I say we frontload the heck out of his deal, give him something like a 15 million dollar first year number since we have the cap room and then his following salaries will be in line with what we can afford with future caps