Massachusetts Universal Healthcare solution

The last time I checked, Taxachewsets (sic) paid something like an average of 33% more for their government funded solution to prescription health care. I'd expect the same kind of difference to quickly rear it's head if this fiasco takes affect, followed by larger costs down the road.

The availability of money that can be lobbied for generally means gigantic price hikes and pretty much the same level of coverage being available. The data is already available. Just look at Medicare/caid.

The last time I checked, Taxachewsets (sic) paid something like an average of 33% more for their government funded solution to prescription health care.  I'd expect the same kind of difference to quickly rear it's head if this fiasco takes affect, followed by larger costs down the road.

655112[/snapback]

I don't mind that so much if they aren't wasting money in other areas. MA taxes are no where near that of NY, so I can deal. Nice tired old slogan though, I think VA taxes are worse overall.

The availability of money that can be lobbied for generally means gigantic price hikes and pretty much the same level of coverage being available.  The data is already available.  Just look at Medicare/caid.

655112[/snapback]

This is the part that worries me. It may work in short term, but down the road the insurance cos will threaten pullout unless they have unreasonable profits, and subsidies to limit their risk. Why bother with insurance companies, how will they cost any less than a government run assurance program. So much for private sector efficiencies, medicare is actually less costly than private insurance, which in itself is a scary statement.

I don't mind that so much if they aren't wasting money in other areas.  MA taxes are no where near that of NY, so I can deal.  Nice tired old slogan though, I think VA taxes are worse overall.

655352[/snapback]

VA nickle and dimes us to death. Car tax, property tax, own a boat, get a boat tax, registrations, income taxes, big time usage taxes for a lot of things, and over the last three or four years the governers have raped the colleges and seen tutition go up about 50% at least. Not sure it's as bad as NYS, but we also have to pay for garbage which used to be free when I was in NY. Also counties pretty much double any taxes on prepared foods/restaurants so that i higher then NYS.

I don't mind that so much if they aren't wasting money in other areas.  MA taxes are no where near that of NY, so I can deal.  Nice tired old slogan though, I think VA taxes are worse overall.

Ah, because there are a couple of worse examples, somehow Mass is fiscally responsible? I think not.

So much for private sector efficiencies, medicare is actually less costly than private insurance, which in itself is a scary statement.

655352[/snapback]

I have seen zero evidence of this being the true.