Mo Money now...

Fastro

No. seriously. We will most likely wait to see what cuts are made on june 1st then sign someone, hopefully a vet on offense considering how young we are.

652911[/snapback]

Well I was actually thinking someone like Arrington. Although I am not a fan of his we might have some extra money now to sign someone with his ability. Usually the June 1st picks tend to be older vets with high salaries.

I don't think Arrington is the kind of character guy Marv is looking at. By character I mean, he does not follow schemes and free-lances on the field and tends to take some plays off. The players Marv has been looking at are guys that come and play at 110% every play and follow the game plan set out by the coaches.

Personally I would not mind having him on D for Buffalo, but his attitude is a big concern

I don't think Arrington is the kind of character guy Marv is looking at. By character I mean, he does not follow schemes and free-lances on the field and tends to take some plays off. The players Marv has been looking at are guys that come and play at 110% every play and follow the game plan set out by the coaches.

Personally I would not mind having him on D for Buffalo, but his attitude is a big concern

652946[/snapback]

Well I was thinking of someone with "Arrington type" ability, not character and attitude. Just wondering if there was some mid/high level FA that we might be able to go after now that we have more money. Certainly an O or D linemen would take a bit of pressure of our draft. We wouldn't feel so obligated to go after a certain player if we could bring somebody else in.

Since EM is now officially gone and a good chunk of money is off of the books for the year, are there any FAs left over worth spending some of it on or have they all been picked over?

652904[/snapback]

B'gals RFA FB Jeremi Johnson. Started as a rookie in '03. Excellent blocker (ask Rudi Johnson!), decent hands - had 3 receiving tds last season (one less than EM :angry: ).

He was tendered the minimum FA contract - $717K. Problem is, he carries a 4th round penalty...

WR Kelley Washington is in the same boat...he has a 3rd round penalty. Some team might go for him, though. He's a probable starter on some clubs.

J. Johnson:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395999

Washington.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396119

I'd like to see them drop some money on Vince Manuwai, RFA guard from Jacksonville.

653011[/snapback]

Nice research I heard he has alot of upside. It would be nice to sure up a guard spot. Also anyone who goes up against Henderson and Stroud has to be pretty decent.