in response to

frogger

What I would do...

Sign Grady Jackson and Brad Hopkins to 1 year deal, that way we don't have to carry any of there cap hit into 2007, however I would over pay for their services. We have a lot of cap room. Like almost 6 million more after yesterday's event. we have the money, we need the talent. Both are nearing the end of their careers, but this would take care of two positions that are in some need. After all how can you tell Losman's abilities if he is running for his life, this gives us more time to spend with the younger players

then we draft as such, if we talk up the idea of taking Cutler/Young, or the possibility of trading down to the Vikings, we could lure the cards to move up 2 spots to get a fran QB (NFL network seems to think they are) at 10 we still could have a shot at Justice, Huff, Bunkley, or hopefully Davis-who would be the go to WR/TE, while at the same time picking up a 3rd or 4th. Then in the 2nd round get a Safety-Whitner/bing, 3rd another WR- Avent/Stovall, and address lines after that.

I think the Grady Jackson signing will come after the draft, depending on who the Bills are able to get. I think it will be very difficult for other teams to predict who the Bills are going to pick in the first as things stand now. If they sign Jackson before the draft, it would easier to predict the Bills are going to stay away from Ngata or Bunkely at #8. That same can be said for floating rumors that J.P. is on the trading block. If they came out and flattly denied that, everyone would know Marv isn't going to be shaking Young's or Cutler's hand April 29.