This is Donahoe and Mularkey's fault!

Just like so many other players that he ran out of here. Signing him to a big, unrealistic contract, you know that he was banking on that idiot Mularkey and his bag of gadgets. Drafting Roscoe with our 2nd rd pick and all the while letting the O-Line go in the toilet. Then paying the premium for Losman and then playing musical QBs. I knew when Mularkey cried to get Moulds suspended that it was really going to burn Moulds' butt. I think that was probably the last straw. We should of suspended Mularkey. When you look back on it, this Donahoe ran out alot of our faithful players. Oh yea, all in the name of getting us out of "salary cap jail". He should go to jail for impersonating our best interests. I got sick when I read an article today on Rueben Brown and what a community leader he is. I think he was the recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award. Larry Centers, who doesn't say sh!% even with a mouthful, had nothing but bad feelings when he left here. That's even after he was with Arizona and that whole crappy organization and it's cheapskate owner Bidwell.

Don't get me wrong, there's a time to replace players but it's how he did it that leaves a sour taste in the players' mouth. I haven't heard any mudslinging from Adams, Milloy, Campbell or Williams. That Donahoe even looks like a anemic gnome. Dan Rooney and Cowher thinks he's a joke. What's that tell ya?

I guess it was time for Moulds to go but I wish it was a little more amicable. The guy took a heck of alot less to play elsewhere. He didn't even want to try and negoiate. Enough was enough. I don't envy Marv, he sure was handed a mess. Moulds never figured in Donahoe's plans for this year. The ironic part is that he never figured that he wouldn't be in Buffalo's plans. Poetic justice.

Don't forget all those other teams fighting each other to bring good ol' Tommy Boy in to their organizations.

Donahoe drafted Roscoe "I think I can" to replace Moulds this year. Yes, it's that obvious.

The thing that really gets me is how we always cut our own loose to avoid "salary cap hell" but found the cash to throw at some other team's old geezer with bald tires and crumpled fenders. :angry:

I hate to throw some facts at you post. But what the hell.

When TD took over the Bills were $15+ million over the cap and Moulds and Wiley were unrestricted. Butler left the team in a huge mess. He made a tough decision and kept Moulds and Wiley has never been the same player. Score one for TD.

The Bills at that time had two useless QB's counting over $10 million on the cap. He made the tough decision gave Johnson a shot when it didn't work he went and got Bledsoe. He upgraded the position. Score another for TD.

Turned Peerles Price, an UFA, into a #1 draft pick. Price is now out of football. Score another for TD.

Drafted Evans, McGee and McGahee. Score, score and score for TD.

And could you let Parris's hand heal before saying he can't play. No player gets voted into the Hall of Fame after year one.

Also,

Moulds had a contract for this season. The reason he is not here is not TD. It's Marv's decision. No one else but Marv's. So trying to somehow blame TD is weak. If your mad about Moulds leaving then let Marv know.

And could you let Parris's hand heal before saying he can't play. No player gets voted into the Hall of Fame after year one.

Also,

Moulds had a contract for this season. The reason he is not here is not TD. It's Marv's decision. No one else but Marv's. So trying to somehow blame TD is weak. If your mad about Moulds leaving then let Marv know.

652696[/snapback]

I think the salary cap stuff is overrated. Moulds over wiley was a no brainer now onto the other stuff

Drafting Evans and Mcgahee and Losman.

I like Lee Evans I really do but we lost pat williams in 2004 and sam adams this year Tommie Harris or Vince Wilfork would look really nice right now. Willis Mcgahee is one of my favorite players. Hell my handle is after him. Eric Steinback would look good at guard for us right now.

You didn't mention Losman but I did because well it was a TD move. Trading 3 picks for a guy who had/has questionable character and leadership ability and happy feet is a very questionable move. We could've had Matt Schaub and gave up nothing.

TD did some things right like managing the cap and overall bringing in good free agents. However I think he did a real poor job adressing our overall needs like defensive depth and linemen on both sides of the ball. Oh and a little thing called fielding a winning team.

Give it up DeLuca. The lynch mob isn't interested in facts or accuracy.

TD bad!!!

When TD took over the Bills were $15+ million over the cap and Moulds and Wiley were unrestricted. Butler left the team in a huge mess. He made a tough decision and kept Moulds and Wiley has never been the same player. Score one for TD.

The Bills at that time had two useless QB's counting over $10 million on the cap. He made the tough decision gave Johnson a shot when it didn't work he went and got Bledsoe. He upgraded the position. Score another for TD.

Turned Peerles Price, an UFA, into a #1 draft pick. Price is now out of football. Score another for TD.

Also,

Moulds had a contract for this season. The reason he is not here is not TD. It's Marv's  decision. No one else but Marv's. So trying to somehow blame TD is weak. If your mad about Moulds leaving then let Marv know.

652696[/snapback]

When you look back on it, this Donahoe ran out alot of our faithful players. Oh yea, all in the name of getting us out of "salary cap jail". He should go to jail for impersonating our best interests.

I guess it was time for Moulds to go but I wish it was a little more amicable. The guy took a heck of alot less to play elsewhere. He didn't even want to try and negoiate.

652425[/snapback]

Faithful is a two way street...Curtis Martin took a huge paycut to stay with

the Jets....He was faithful to the Jets.....On the other hand, EM only wanted

to restructure not renegotiate.....

Again this about Moulds taking much less is all crap....He received pretty much

everything from the 40M dollar contract...May be he took a 1M less at that

time to sign with the Bills....But th en there is no guarantee what he would have

got in the FA market...EM got paid as a top star WR by the bills, but did not

have a production similar to a Harrison or a TO.....TO was with a team that

had revolving QBs at SF, but still put up big #s....

TD did some things right like managing the cap and overall bringing in good free agents. However I think he did a real poor job adressing our overall needs like defensive depth and linemen on both sides of the ball.  Oh and a little thing called fielding a winning team.

652706[/snapback]

I agree drafting has been the weakest of jobs that TD did...But lot of that

fault should go to Modrak...Modrak is the guy who is scouting the players

by going to the schools and TD trusted him.......Now Marv is trusting him.....

Let us see how this draft is going to turn out...

Modrak was kicked by the Eagl.es for a reason.....He was sent packing with

TD by the Steelers for a reaosn...

Hey Simon, nice to have a response from you. No mob. Most of my posts are positive but this time I got pissed. Truth be told, there's facts BOTH ways. If anybody wants to debate the effectiveness of Donahoe, then at least make better points than the decision to keep Moulds over a wannabe rap star or what a great selection Evans was. Ya think that the Evans selection was alittle bit of a no brainer? I will say that the Peerless Price to MaGahee was a masterful stroke.

Bottomline is this. Donahoe was quite bold in his decisions. Some were incredibly thrilling and others were miserably maddening. You win some and you lose some. The contract that was in placed for Moulds this year is from none other than Mr. Tom Donahoe. The way that it's structured ($$$) makes no sense for NO GM. I don't care if you're Lee Iaccocca. No, Donahoe had no intention of re-signing Moulds, he was going to give him the boot and THAT'S what pisses me off.

Now Simon, call off your mob.

TD made some good decisions (Bledsoe, McGahee, Evans, being some...) Made some bad decisions. In the final analysis however, he was the GM. GM's get you to the playoffs or they don't. He took a playoff ready team and reduced it to a team that is deservedly in the bottom quarter of NFL teams. Marv Levy has to turn that around. Give him three years and if he doesn't get you a playoff team, he goes as well. I find the head coach decision disturbing, our lack of real play in the free agency race (so far) puzzling...But ML is a great coach, a Hall of Fame guy, and one smart cookie. I'm more than willing to give him a lot of room to maneuver.

Moulds had a contract for this season. The reason he is not here is not TD. It's Marv's  decision. No one else but Marv's. So trying to somehow blame TD is weak. If your mad about Moulds leaving then let Marv know.

652696[/snapback]

This piece of fact, I would suggest, is wrong.

Marv pretty much said he wanted Moulds to stay. I'm pretty sure it was all Moulds' decision to leave. Granted, maybe Marv and Ralph were wanting to cut his pay more than Moulds was willing to accept and that's why he left (I really don't know). But, lets face reality. As much as we liked Moulds and wanted him here - he seemed to make up his mind (sometime last season) that he wanted out. And that was long before Marv arrived.

I do agree TD made some great moves. But, what I can't get over is all those great moves and 5 years later we still suck. TD reminded me of one of those accountants types that knows numbers and runs a business that is sound and secure, but never succeeds because he doesn't see the forest for the trees.

Also,

652696[/snapback]

Good stuff. Really. Thanks.

The one thing I would criticize TD on, though, is NOT trading Moulds last summer. I tried making this point back then(not obnoxiously as is usually the case at TBD) that the best shot Buffalo would have at getting max value for Moulds was last summer, because I just knew that Moulds was not going to last more than another year. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Moulds was unhappy here.

It's tough to fault a GM for not trading your #1 WR, but I really believed that last summer was the opportune time to trade Moulds.

A fifth rounder does not sound too great, but you have to realize that Moulds was going to be cut a month ago.

Yeah, sure, I know some people still have a raging hard-on for Tom Donahoe and nobody is saying he didn't pull a "blind squirrel finds a nut" every once in a while.

Look at this franchise and the players it has now. Look at the W-L record under Tom Donahoe. The "supporters" are standing on nothing. The Bills are easily and deservedly one of the worst teams in the NFL right now. And it has everything to do with a micromanaging, insecure, arrogant, white-mopped "football genius" who wasn't anywhere near the same solar system of smarts as he thought he was.

TD made some good decisions (Bledsoe, McGahee, Evans, being some...) Made some bad decisions.  In the final analysis however, he was the GM.  GM's get you to the playoffs or they don't. He took a playoff ready team and reduced it to a team that is deservedly in the bottom quarter of NFL teams.  Marv Levy has to turn that around.  Give him three years and if he doesn't get you a playoff team, he goes as well.  I find the head coach decision disturbing, our lack of real play in the free agency race (so far) puzzling...But ML is a great coach, a Hall of Fame guy, and one smart cookie.  I'm more than willing to give him a lot of room to maneuver.

652783[/snapback]

yes, donohoe made many good decisions, but the bottom line is that he left the team in terrible shape. they were one of the worst teams in the league last year, worse than their record. moreover, given their overall anemic talent base, hardly anyone expects them to be better than 6-10 (at best) next year.

for all of the small good decisions, there is this bottom line: he took an average team in transition, immediately hollowed it out into a very bad team, made a couple of stabs at mediocrity, and finally oversaw the team's rapid downward spiral into the cellar with little hope in sight.

Yeah, sure, I know some people still have a raging hard-on for Tom Donahoe and nobody is saying he didn't pull a "blind squirrel finds a nut" every once in a while.

Look at this franchise and the players it has now.  Look at the W-L record under Tom Donahoe.  The "supporters" are standing on nothing.  The Bills are easily and deservedly one of the worst teams in the NFL right now.  And it has everything to do with a micromanaging, insecure, arrogant, white-mopped "football genius" who wasn't anywhere near the same solar system of smarts as he thought he was.

652843[/snapback]

I agree. Great post.