Who said EM was going to be a salary cap casualty?

I'm not thrilled that we apparently only got a second day pick but it's good that we resolved another issue. For all the people who speculated that Moulds was just going to be released, what happen? When Donahoe was running things there would always be resentment and animosity. Once again, I like the way Marv is handling these types of situations. Classy and quietly. I wasn't even in favor of hiring Marv at first but I'm sure am now. I think that we will have a team that we will be proud to be associated with. Character, people keep on underestimating it but it is one of the intangibles that help create special moments and accomplishments. I think Marv & Co. is ALL about character.

I'm not thrilled that we apparently only got a second day pick but it's good that we resolved another issue. For all the people who speculated that Moulds was just going to be released, what happen? When Donahoe was running things there would always be resentment and animosity. Once again, I like the way Marv is handling these types of situations. Classy and quietly. I wasn't even in favor of hiring Marv at first but I'm sure am now. I think that we will have a team that we will be proud to be associated with. Character, people keep on underestimating it but it is one of the intangibles that help create special moments and accomplishments. I think Marv & Co. is ALL about character.

652088[/snapback]

I think most of the people thinking he would be released (including me) said that he would be released before the Bills paid him any more money. The fact that the Bills settled for a 2nd day pick tells me that we were right. If there was any chance Moulds was going to play for the Bills this year, do you think they would settle for a 5th rounder?

Valid point but who is to say that if we recieved nothing for him that we were still going to release him. EVERYTHING is relative.

652125[/snapback]

Fair enough. But if Marv's willing to accept so little, doesn't it suggest that Marv didn't expect Moulds to contribute to the Bills this year? Of course I'm reading into it, but I think Marv decided that Moulds had to be re-signed to a new contract, traded, or cut before his next payment was due.