More France riots

BB27

if i had received a dollar each time i've heard that one...

652671[/snapback]

OK how 'bout this one. The newest French Tank has 5 gears. 1 forward and 5 in reverse.

If the story persists.........................

i don't need a plane i can WALK to Spain in about 1 hour from my house! it could be useful knowing who could be ruling this country after next year's elections!!

652741[/snapback]

my boss has a compound on the Cote D'Azur in SuperCannes. Do you live near there?

Seems like the only liveable places there are in Monaco and in Cannes.

my boss has a compound on the Cote D'Azur in SuperCannes.  Do you live near there?

Seems like the only liveable places there are in Monaco and in Cannes.

653092[/snapback]

not really! i hate the mediterranean coast, it has been overbuilt and it's overcrowded most of the time. i don't like too much the locals there either (lot of old people voting for the National front fascists...) i live on the atlantic coast.

Monaco is like a ghetto for the rich and famous. Cannes is a yearlong circus... it's maybe even worse than Paris to live there!

for the ones actually interested by the news in France a well written story that avoids the usual clichés... 

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireSt...TC-RSSFeeds0312

653778[/snapback]

Would you describe this article as an accurate assessment? I would think that there would be less fuss about the champagne if it wasn't so hard to get a job? I have been told stories about how getting employed in the French film industry is even harder then gaining employment in the U.S. film industry. Is the youth employment situation mostly because of the "sluggish economy" or is there some other significant cause(s) that that the article neglects to mention?

Would you describe this article as an accurate assessment?  I would think that there would be less fuss about the champagne if it wasn't so hard to get a job?  I have been told stories about how getting employed in the French film industry is even harder then gaining employment in the U.S. film industry.  Is the youth employment situation mostly because of the "sluggish economy" or is there some other significant cause(s) that that the article neglects to mention?

654032[/snapback]

yes it's even more accurate than most articles in the french media!

the unemployement situation main root is the sluggish economy but an other obvious cause is the lack of flexibility of the work contracts in the french labor code. It's almost impossible to fire someone if your company is not in dire straits, the cost of labor is very important because of the social charges (while the salaries are low compared with our neighbors ) so lot of bosses prefer to keep their staff at the minimum acceptable level even if that means paying extra hours or having costly but flexible people with interim contracts...

yes it's even more accurate than most articles in the french media!

the unemployement situation main root is the sluggish economy but an other obvious cause is the lack of flexibility of the work contracts in the french labor code. It's almost impossible to fire someone if your company is not in dire straits, the cost of labor is very important because of the social charges (while the salaries are low compared with our neighbors ) so lot of bosses prefer to keep their staff at the minimum acceptable level even if that means paying extra hours or having costly but flexible people with interim contracts...

654044[/snapback]

Not to mention, that 35 hour work week and 4 weeks vacation is a B word.

not really! i hate the mediterranean coast, it has been overbuilt and it's overcrowded most of the time. i don't like too much the locals there either (lot of old people voting for the National front fascists...)  i live on the atlantic coast. 

Monaco is like a ghetto for the rich and famous. Cannes is a yearlong circus... it's maybe even worse than Paris to live there!

653777[/snapback]

you must be nuts. my brother visited that area and said it's simply stunning. I would love to see a Formula 1 race at Monaco.