What is going on with McNair & The Titans?

Per KFFL.

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com reports Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair was told by a team trainer that he would not be allowed to work out until his contract status was resolved, according to his agent James Cook. Cook said there was no warning to the team's position and added, "Steve was told that until he got his contract straightened out, he wasn't welcome at the facility. Heck, he's got his contract already straightened out and now he's trying to fulfill it by reporting for the offseason." Titans sources said Titans owner Bud Adams made the decision out of fear any offseason injury would make him liable for McNair's current contract. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said, "Things got blown out of proportion. ... We'll get it straightened out."

McNair's cap hit is huge this year and he says he wants the money. I don't see McNair being on the Titans' roster come the start of the season. How is this going to affect the draft. Your guess is as good as mine. Stay tuned to this soap opera, it's a doozy!

Per KFFL.

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com reports Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair was told by a team trainer that he would not be allowed to work out until his contract status was resolved, according to his agent James Cook. Cook said there was no warning to the team's position and added, "Steve was told that until he got his contract straightened out, he wasn't welcome at the facility. Heck, he's got his contract already straightened out and now he's trying to fulfill it by reporting for the offseason." Titans sources said Titans owner Bud Adams made the decision out of fear any offseason injury would make him liable for McNair's current contract. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said, "Things got blown out of proportion. ... We'll get it straightened out."

McNair's cap hit is huge this year and he says he wants the money. I don't see McNair being on the Titans' roster come the start of the season. How is this going to affect the draft. Your guess is as good as mine. Stay tuned to this soap opera, it's a doozy!

651262[/snapback]

McNair is now Drew Bledsoe without the arm. Stick a fork in him.

651262[/snapback]

I wouldn't think it would affect the draft at all. Tenn will take either Leinart or Cutler. Without McNair I would guess that Volek starts until Tenn thinks their rookie is ready.

There are two teams that will pick ahead of the Titans as it stands now. Can they really afford to take a chance on NOT selecting Leinart? The more that I think about it, the more I think that Houston and Tennessee may work out a trade of their draft picks. Even if the Titans are satisfied with Volek, they can't afford to pay McNair what he is owed. With Chow on the payroll and a great opportunity at a franchise QB, the Titans should eliminate ANY outside interference by securing the #1 pick. How much does Houston want Bush, that's the real key to this draft.

There are two teams that will pick ahead of the Titans as it stands now. Can they really afford to take a chance on NOT selecting Leinart? The more that I think about it, the more I think that Houston and Tennessee may work out a trade of their draft picks. Even if the Titans are satisfied with Volek, they can't afford to pay McNair what he is owed. With Chow on the payroll and a great opportunity at a franchise QB, the Titans should eliminate ANY outside interference by securing the #1 pick. How much does Houston want Bush, that's the real key to this draft.

651281[/snapback]

I think the Titans are perfectly happy with Cutler if it comes to that. Everyone in that organization has been talking him up since the senior bowl. Sure, they would probably rather have Leinart, but I don't think enough to give up picks to get him.

Right now they are guaranteed one of the top 3 QB's. And since I don't see a chance that Bush isn't one of the first two picks, they will at least get Cutler.

Voleck is a capable temp QB, and it's not like Tenn is going to compete anyway. They are already down a 3rd round pick...they can't afford anymore.

I wouldn't think it would affect the draft at all.  Tenn will take either Leinart or Cutler.  Without McNair I would guess that Volek starts until Tenn thinks their rookie is ready.

651278[/snapback]

I think that Young will almost certainly be a Titan.

I hope not, because I want him to fall to #8, so that we can get more than just a 2nd round pick for a tradedown, but Young to the Titans makes a ton of sense.

Steve has taken some horrendous hits and has been a great quarterback. I can't see the Titans shelling out megabucks to keep him another year. Time to let this him go. He really was a great quarterback and led the team through some difficult times. I think the comment of his being Drew Bledsoe without the arm is, unfortunately, pretty accurate.

Tennessee's scouts and coaching staff, including Jeff Fisher, were gushing over Leinart after USC's pro day on Sunday (Fisher was one of only four head coaches to attend.) On Monday, McNair is asked to leave the facility. Norm Chow is the Titans OC. Hmmmm.....

McNair hurt many an opponent with his evasivness, running, and ability to adapt to the play as it unfolded. That's the "antiDrew".

651357[/snapback]

Not then, now.

We are in the here and now. And right here right now, Doug Flutie is better. He can at least move.

Not then, now.

We are in the here and now. And right here right now, Doug Flutie is better. He can at least move.

651461[/snapback]

I'm aware of the here and now. My post was to comment on a comparison between Bledsoe and McNair, as their careers progressed.

I suspect if you feel that Flutie was superior to McNair, you might garner some flak...

I think that Young will almost certainly be a Titan.

I hope not, because I want him to fall to #8, so that we can get more than just a 2nd round pick for a tradedown, but Young to the Titans makes a ton of sense.

651320[/snapback]

I can't see that happening...both parts.

First, I don't think Tenn takes Young. Not when Cutler or Leinart will be there. Many say that Young is the perfect replacement for McNair, but who says that's what they want? I think they would much rather have the more talented than the straight up runner.

As far as any QB making it to 8...I think there is very little chance. Even under the best circumstances I think Oakland takes the last one off the board. Assuming NO stays at 2 and the Jets take Ferg, I bet San Fran trades out of the 6 spot and a QB gets taken there. As I said, Oak will take the remaining.

Of course this leaves Huff, Davis and Nagta for trade bait.

Just my thoughts, but you are right, one of the big 3 left on the board at 8 means good things for the Bills. Unless of course they pick one of them.

Per KFFL.

651262[/snapback]

The Titans have said all aong they have been interested in a QB. When they signed the Pats reciever they told him they where going to look at QB with the first pick in the draft. They want Lienert because Norm Chow the offensive cord. was Lienerts coordinater in college. It comes down to if they can trade with houston before the Jets, the Jets have multiple picks in the first round of the draft, so Titans will have to pony up. The Saints will get Bush at number two and Young will go to the Titans if they stay put and Jets get Lienert. The Jets will take Cutler if the Titans get Lienert, the Texans will take D'Brick at 3-4 overall depending who they trade with. The Pack will take Hawk, the Raiders Mario Williams, San Fran will take V. Davis, the Bills will either trade down or take Justice because if they dont take Justice at 8 they wont get him because the Lions would take the remaining QB or Justice with the Cards picking tenth would take whatever the Lions dont.