Finally saw '40 Year Old Virgin' last night

Actually one of my favorites was the little Jewish kid at the Planned Parenthood meeting.

"Do you have any extra large condoms?" :w00t:

651215[/snapback]

"Is it true that if you don't use it, you lose it?"

"Are you serious?"

(even funnier considering the counseler in that scene is his wife in real life :w00t: )

Actually one of my favorites was the little Jewish kid at the Planned Parenthood meeting.

"Do you have any extra large condoms?" :w00t:

651215[/snapback]

The best was the response from his father and the comment about the Jew Fro

and

"You know how I know your Gay? Cause you macramade (or however its spelled) a pair of jean shorts"

I heard they had to cut 15 mins to avoid an NC-17 - is there an unrated version of it out there?

651120[/snapback]

My fav line:

Yes, I'm a virgin. I've always been that way.

Man, there must be something wrong with me. I got about 20-minutes in and just couldn't take it anymore. We turned it off at the half. I suspect you probably need to watch that dude on his regular TV show to like his style.

651587[/snapback]

no i know what you mean, the first time i saw it i wasnt wild about it until i started thinking back, then when i saw it the second time i thought it was great. if you have the time i'd say try to sit through a little more it will be a good laugh.

no i know what you mean, the first time i saw it i wasnt wild about it until i started thinking back, then when i saw it the second time i thought it was great. if you have the time i'd say try to sit through a little more it will be a good laugh.

652046[/snapback]

I agree with this.....you need to be in the right frame of mind/mood to really get the most out of it. Just put all the other sh-- from your day out of your mind and let yourself just get into it.....it's one of the most indulgent guy flicks ever made :)

I didn't see it in the theater, but I've got the unrated DVd. They added footage to it that puts the running time at 132 minutes... a little too long for this kind of comedy IMO. Still, what's there is classic stuff, a whole lot of LOL material... I just had a hard time watching it all in one viewing. Carell is great, loved him in Anchorman, love him in The Office. :)

I didn't see it in the theater, but I've got the unrated DVd. They added footage to it that puts the running time at 132 minutes... a little too long for this kind of comedy IMO. Still, what's there is classic stuff, a whole lot of LOL material... I just had a hard time watching it all in one viewing. Carell is great, loved him in Anchorman, love him in The Office. :)

652163[/snapback]

Yeah, they definitely pushed the envelope with regard to running time.....Did you find his part funny in Bruce Almighty? That part where Jim Carrey screws with the teleprompter and Carells voice during the broadcast had me in stitches. I've probably seen that particular part about six or seven times (mostly when I'd catch it on cable), and it still gets me every time. I've always felt that the delivery is TONS more important than the actual material.....Carrell is a MASTER when it comes to delivery. There are a lot of really dumb lines that he says in his various movies, but he makes them work.

Yeah, they definitely pushed the envelope with regard to running time.....Did you find his part funny in Bruce Almighty? That part where Jim Carrey screws with the teleprompter and Carells voice during the broadcast had me in stitches. I've probably seen that particular part about six or seven times (mostly when I'd catch it on cable), and it still gets me every time. I've always felt that the delivery is TONS more important than the actual material.....Carrell is a MASTER when it comes to delivery. There are a lot of really dumb lines that he says in his various movies, but he makes them work.

652171[/snapback]

Yeah, I forgot about that one, he's very funny in that scene, but I like Anchorman & Virgin a lot more. I'll go see his next one in the theater if it looks halfway-decent.

Yeah, I forgot about that one, he's very funny in that scene, but I like Anchorman & Virgin a lot more. I'll go see his next one in the theater if it looks halfway-decent.

652183[/snapback]

Yeah, his 'Brick' character in Anchorman was fuggin hilarious....." I love....desk"