Philly still in the hunt for Moulds

I would be calling up Philly right now, telling them that the Texans are reluctant to part with their third rounder for Moulds.  I'd tell the Eagles if they offer their third by the end of the day before the Texans respond, they can have him.  I'd call back the Texans and say the Eagles are going to give up their third, but they can trump them by offering up one of their own thirds by the end of the day.

Then I'd sit back and see who is the fastest on calling me back.  Maybe send them a link to the list of available FA WRs left on the market and those around in the Draft just to get them to panic even more.

Go ahead Marv, be evil...play them off each other.

650935[/snapback]

or that comes back and Bites us in the @ss when they both say "Fine will look for a WR with our 3rd's in the draft and we are stuck trying to find someone else thats interested or cut him and get nothing when they call him up after he gets cut

Being too aggressive can hurt in a situation like this.

or that comes back and Bites us in the @ss when they both say "Fine will look for a WR with our 3rd's in the draft and we are stuck trying to find someone else thats interested or cut him and get nothing when they call him up after he gets cut

Being too aggressive can hurt in a situation like this.

651506[/snapback]

With the recent rules, IMO, the WR position has fallen in importance. Everybody gets open. If you want to obtain one, it's nice to have speed and good hands, but I go for the good-handed chap first. The goal is to have decent protection and a qb that can recognize and fire that pass...short or long.

With the recent rules, IMO, the WR position has fallen in importance. Everybody gets open. If you want to obtain one, it's nice to have speed and good hands, but I go for the good-handed chap first. The goal is to have decent protection and a qb that can recognize and fire that pass...short or long.

651542[/snapback]

Don't see what this has to do with my post, but

I agree, it seems now that good WR's (and RB's) are easier to find then some other posititions. And of course you go with the guy with good hands first, If you can't catch the ball, who cares how fast you are!

Guest BackInDaDay
you mean 3rd in 07, not 06. Unless the NFL has a time machine to go back and give the Bills the pick based on Moulds performance

650855[/snapback]

Ya think?

Screw conditional picks. i want something now

650896[/snapback]

But the future's not now. The future's, well, the future.

The consensus is that 2006 is a deep draft so the 3rd or 4th round pick is much more valuable than a comparable pick in a weak draft year.

650909[/snapback]

Point taken, but keep in mind...

Every season more collegiate programs are upgraded to rival those of pro teams.

Even now, the measurables and workouts aren't enough to differentiate many of the young men. The largest factor in ranking one prospect higher than another remains the levels of competition they exceeded at, and even those lines are becoming blurred. Every draft is deep if you know how to pick talent.