Philly still in the hunt for Moulds

Here is the link

A linky thingy

"The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly talked this week with the Buffalo Bills and representatives for wideout Eric Moulds, hoping to strike a deal. Moulds has had three 80-plus catch seasons in the last four years"

"It has been widely speculated that the Bills would seek at least a third-round draft pick for Moulds, but could settle for a fourth-rounder. Buffalo stands to free more than $5 million in salary-cap room if it parts with Moulds."

Here is the link

A linky thingy

"The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly talked this week with the Buffalo Bills and representatives for wideout Eric Moulds, hoping to strike a deal. Moulds has had three 80-plus catch seasons in the last four years"

"It has been widely speculated that the Bills would seek at least a third-round draft pick for Moulds, but could settle for a fourth-rounder. Buffalo stands to free more than $5 million in salary-cap room if it parts with Moulds."

650609[/snapback]

If this is true (not doubting you Nick, just have heard so many confilicting things about the Eagles interest), the Bills should only settle for a 4th round pick, if it is the Texans first pick in the 4th round...make the Eagles give up their third.

It seemed like, from what I had previously read/saw was that the Eagles were not so interested in Moulds, when it was apparent, from his "representitives" that working out a new deal for him, looked improbable from their (traditionally cheap) perspective...

I would be thrilled if the Bills got a third round pick for Moulds...

Let's keep in mind that "this week" actually means "last week" since the article is dated 3/31.

If they were interested in him at one point, then they may be way out of the running by now.

Guest BackInDaDay
If this is true (not doubting you Nick, just have heard so many confilicting things about the Eagles interest), the Bills should only settle for a 4th round pick, if it is the Texans first pick in the 4th round...make the Eagles give up their third. 

650619[/snapback]

Sorry if this has already been posted, there's been so many Moulds posts, it's hard to read them all.

Could shopping Moulds for a conditional 3rd in '07 make sense?

If Mould's '06 performance meets the agreed conditions set in the trade, we get our trading partner's 3rd in '06. If not we get their 4th.

Sorry if this has already been posted, there's been so many Moulds posts, it's hard to read them all.

Could shopping Moulds for a conditional 3rd in '07 make sense?

If Mould's '06 performance meets the agreed conditions set in the trade, we get our trading partner's 3rd in '06.  If not we get their 4th.

650793[/snapback]

you mean 3rd in 07, not 06. Unless the NFL has a time machine to go back and give the Bills the pick based on Moulds performance

The consensus is that 2006 is a deep draft so the 3rd or 4th round pick is much more valuable than a comparable pick in a weak draft year.

650909[/snapback]

I agree. Normally I'd actually be rooting for a conditional 3rd, but this year is just SO deep in all of the areas we need help at. It almost seems like this draft was tailor-made to fit our needs. I'd rather take a 4th in this draft and pick up another future starter than worry whether or not we'll have that luxury if next year's draft is weaker.

I know the Bills are gunning for a third...but I'd just take the Texans 4th if they're offering it. Thats basically a late 3rd rounder, plus we'd have all night and morning to plan for who we will take.

We cant rape EVERY team for draft picks like we did with the Falcons.

Also, to add to this, Philly needs a good receiver. For them to give up a third rounder for Eric Moulds, who wants to be there catching passes from McNabb, would be a good value for Philly as they are in a position to make a run.

If you were Philly, wouldn't you make the deal? I would. It's a win-win for Philly and the Bills.

I agree.  Normally I'd actually be rooting for a conditional 3rd, but this year is just SO deep in all of the areas we need help at.  It almost seems like this draft was tailor-made to fit our needs.  I'd rather take a 4th in this draft and pick up another future starter than worry whether or not we'll have that luxury if next year's draft is weaker.

I know the Bills are gunning for a third...but I'd just take the Texans 4th if they're offering it.  Thats basically a late 3rd rounder, plus we'd have all night and morning to plan for who we will take. 

650919[/snapback]

HOU's interest is curious. They signed UFA wr Kevin Walter for 6.1M over 4 years.

IMO, Walter has Wayne Chrebet written all over him.

Also, to add to this, Philly needs a good receiver.  For them to give up a third rounder for Eric Moulds, who wants to be there catching passes from McNabb, would be a good value for Philly as they are in a position to make a run.

If you were Philly, wouldn't you make the deal? I would. It's a win-win for Philly and the Bills.

650928[/snapback]

I would be calling up Philly right now, telling them that the Texans are reluctant to part with their third rounder for Moulds. I'd tell the Eagles if they offer their third by the end of the day before the Texans respond, they can have him. I'd call back the Texans and say the Eagles are going to give up their third, but they can trump them by offering up one of their own thirds by the end of the day.

Then I'd sit back and see who is the fastest on calling me back. Maybe send them a link to the list of available FA WRs left on the market and those around in the Draft just to get them to panic even more.

Go ahead Marv, be evil...play them off each other.

HOU's interest is curious. They signed UFA wr Kevin Walter for 6.1M over 4 years.

IMO, Walter has Wayne Chrebet written all over him.

650930[/snapback]

You and your man-love for those Bengals!

:w00t:

I'm not overly impressed with Walter's stats though, looks like a scrub to me. 3 seasons and only 296 yards and one TD? Its pretty obvious to me at best they brought this guy in to be the 3rd or (probably) the 4th WR.

I know the Bills are gunning for a third...but I'd just take the Texans 4th if they're offering it.  Thats basically a late 3rd rounder, plus we'd have all night and morning to plan for who we will take. 

650919[/snapback]

Very true! We must remember that at the time, Peerless had great stats and was thought to be entering his prime. Mould is old, probably washed up, and is a whining malcontent who is chock full of "advisors." :w00t:

The 1st pick in round 4 would be a steal imo.

Very true! We must remember that at the time, Peerless had great stats and was thought to be entering his prime. Mould is old, probably washed up, and is a whining malcontent who is chock full of "advisors." 

650945[/snapback]

and he's *still* 20 times better than price ever was.

You and your man-love for those Bengals!

:w00t:

I'm not overly impressed with Walter's stats though, looks like a scrub to me.  3 seasons and only 296 yards and one TD?  Its pretty obvious to me at best they brought this guy in to be the 3rd or (probably) the 4th WR.

650939[/snapback]

Good ST player. Not much time on the field...played behind Chad Johnson and Houshmanzedeh.

Consider: Why would a 7th rounder, on the bench, be given that much jack? Or be even considered as a #3?:lol:

P.S. - Housh was a 7th round pick.

P.P.S. - Several times here, I recommended that the Bills give the guy a look. I'm totally right or totally wrong about him. :w00t: