"Tiny" Ohio town freaked by Mario prank

Fezmid

fuggin idiotic small towns. I hate the damn small town mentality.

Good thing law enforcement is hard at work tho, taking the REAL criminals off the street like these girls.

650451[/snapback]

By the time Andy gets back, Barney will have the whole town in jail.

Actually, I don't see how anyone can accuse the COPS of having done the wrong thing. We don't have all the facts, and I doubt that anyone thought that Osama himself put the boxes out there.

Put yourself in the COPS who responded to the calls shoes,

You are on hour 4 of your 8 hour tour, and you get the call for a suspicious package. What do you do? Walk up to the box and shake it and open it? What if it is a bomb? When your testicles, legs, intestines, and body is sent hurtling through the air by the 5 pounds of explosives you might think you may a bad decision.

The fact is that anyone could have left the boxes, and they might want to harm anyone. Anyone remember the guy who left the bombs in the shape of a smiley face across the heartland of America? How about the Uni-bomber? McVeigh? ALF? ELF? Militia's? Eric Rudolph? etc, etc. These people all commited crazy acts of terrorism, and none of them were related to A-Queda in any way.

COPS 1

Stupid Kids 0

Oh yeah, they should throw the book at them. Jail time is a great behavior modificator!

Actually, I don't see how anyone can accuse the COPS of having done the wrong thing.  We don't have all the facts, and I doubt that anyone thought that Osama himself put the boxes out there. 

Put yourself in the COPS who responded to the calls shoes,

You are on hour 4 of your 8 hour tour, and you get the call for a suspicious package.  What do you do?  Walk up to the box and shake it and open it?  What if it is a bomb?  When your testicles, legs, intestines, and body is sent hurtling through the air by the 5 pounds of explosives you might think you may a bad decision.

The fact is that anyone could have left the boxes, and they might want to harm anyone.  Anyone remember the guy who left the bombs in the shape of a smiley face across the heartland of America?  How about the Uni-bomber?  McVeigh?  ALF?  ELF?  Militia's?  Eric Rudolph?  etc, etc.  These people all commited crazy acts of terrorism, and none of them were related to A-Queda in any way.

COPS 1

Stupid Kids 0

Oh yeah, they should throw the book at them.  Jail time is a great behavior modificator!

650540[/snapback]

Ya! :doh::D

And they call me wishy-washy (Not you BB)?

Now if they could clearly see that nothing is in the cardboard boxes... I think your argument is pretty stupid.

But... Then again... Diversions and red-herrings...

Weren't we as kids taught to "never play" when going through customs at the bridge in Fort Erie?

You can't take it lightly... People gotta understand that it is unacceptable to prank like this... Just as it is unacceptable to scream "fire" in a theater.

I don't advocate throwing the book at them though... There has got to be more effective ways to get the point across?

I don't advocate throwing the book at them though... There has got to be more effective ways to get the point across?

650576[/snapback]

I was exagerating on putting them in jail, make them clean up trash with the rest of the community service sentanced patrol. Young girls would just love that, and I'm sure they would think twice before pulling the next prank.

I was exagerating on putting them in jail, make them clean up trash with the rest of the community service sentanced patrol.  Young girls would just love that, and I'm sure they would think twice before pulling the next prank.

650579[/snapback]

Agree.

The real thing that undermines this is that people are calling it (the cops reaction) stupid... And that is very divisive and destructive to the kids learning what is right and wrong... Just as it can in a home where two parents are not on the same page.

Agree.

The real thing that undermines this is that people are calling it (the cops reaction) stupid... And that is very divisive and destructive to the kids learning what is right and wrong... Just as it can in a home where two parents are not on the same page.

650586[/snapback]

I didn't see anyone calling what the cops did stupid -- what they're calling stupid is wanting to throw the book at these kids, even after finding out that it was harmless.

The next thing you know, kids are going to get felony charges for TPing a house/tree, right?

Also, this isn't really a "small town" -- it's a suburb of (I think) Cleveland. That's why I put it in quotes.

CW

I didn't see anyone calling what the cops did stupid -- what they're calling stupid is wanting to throw the book at these kids, even after finding out that it was harmless.

The next thing you know, kids are going to get felony charges for TPing a house/tree, right?

Also, this isn't really a "small town" -- it's a suburb of (I think) Cleveland.  That's why I put it in quotes.

CW

650725[/snapback]

Tping a house will generally not involve a bomb squad, leaving behind a suspicious package is really a different issue.

fuggin idiotic small towns. I hate the damn small town mentality.

Good thing law enforcement is hard at work tho, taking the REAL criminals off the street like these girls.

650451[/snapback]

Are you suggesting that I should make a disparaging comment about pea-brained city folk every time one of them says or does something stupid?

'Cuz even in this small town, I've still only got 24 hours in a day. :w00t:

Tping a house will generally not involve a bomb squad, leaving behind a suspicious package is really a different issue.

650842[/snapback]

In the middle of the night, how do you know it's only TP? They could be throwing molotov cocktails at my house for all I know! I demand justice!!! :w00t:

And come on, who doesn't know what a Super Mario Brothers box looks like???? Come on:

http://www.qwantz.com/posterchild/

If a company used these as a marketing campaign, I bet nobody would be threatened with felonies in the name of "national security." :w00t: And before anyone says, "Markters would have gotten proper permits," I'll counter with this:

http://promomagazine.com/news/marketing_ne...city/index.html

You trying to tell me that you'd be scared if, on April 1st, you saw a box wrapped up in shiny paper with a question mark on it?

I think the average IQ in this country dropped about 30 points after 9/11. :lol:

Also, this isn't really a "small town" -- it's a suburb of (I think) Cleveland.  That's why I put it in quotes.

CW

650725[/snapback]

Yup. Pretty much what I thought.

CW

650725[/snapback]

Sorry, maybe I jumped the gun a little... Agree.

:w00t:

Tiny town...population of 12,000.  That's the big city compared to where I grew up.

651026[/snapback]

Where did you grow up?

And still be a Bills fan... A place like Armor? :w00t::lol:

Still... I agree 12,000 isn't that tiny... Heck Batavia has about 16K... Lancaster, Hamburg are slightly bigger also... I take Lancaster is a lot bigger now?

:w00t: