good piece by dr. z on the top of the draft

If Fergeson isn't valued as highly among NFL personnel guys as he is in the media mock drafts, maybe he'll fall to 8th. If the Bills drafted him, I'd be happy if he turned out to be an above average LT and played for the team for 6-8 years.

Dr. Z is terrific. He had Mike Willams pegged as a bust his rookie year. He wrote a column that year stating that a couple of guys on the Bills O line just flat out couldn't play. Someone e-mailed him and said it was not fair that he didn't name who. He repsonded in his e-mail column that it was Mar. Sullivan and Mike Williams. I didn't want to hear, at the time, that we blew it with the #4 overall pick, so I sent him an e-mail. You're nuts-he's a rookie, give him time etc. Of course, he was right and I haven't really doubted his analysis since.

If Fergeson isn't valued as highly among NFL personnel guys as he is in the media mock drafts, maybe he'll fall to 8th. If the Bills drafted him, I'd be happy if he turned out to be an above average LT and played for the team for 6-8 years.

Dr. Z is terrific. He had Mike Willams pegged as a bust his rookie year. He wrote a column that year stating that a couple of guys on the Bills O line just flat out couldn't play. Someone e-mailed him and said it was not fair that he didn't name who. He repsonded in his e-mail column that it was Mar. Sullivan and Mike Williams. I didn't want to hear, at the time, that we blew it with the #4 overall pick, so I sent him an e-mail. You're nuts-he's a rookie, give him time etc. Of course, he was right and I haven't really doubted his analysis since.

650173[/snapback]

that's funny! you're right, he's the best.

I agree with his analysis way too much... but then again aren't all drafts this way?

There are the stars that we think will be picked first round and become phenom's *coughAlexSmithcough* that end up being busts *coughAlexSmithcough*.  Like Alex Smith... wait...

These guys were of course great in college, but it's time for the big leagues.. and honestly I think that Leinart isn't ready.

Just my thought...

650156[/snapback]

Typical Buffalo Mentality, didn't throw up huge numbers in less then one full year with a team and he is a bust.

Smith is playing on a team about 10x worse then Buffalo and is probablt one of the worse teams in the league, but a rookie QB should look good on the team?

He may not be the next Montana, he might just turn out to be a good/decent QB. This just shows why even if they look good in college or the draft gurus are hyping him as such a great player he may not turn out that way in the pros. It also shows why you draft best player available at any position at that position in the draft regardless of need.

Ok its easy to pick these guys apart, but Mr. A obviously knows that one player cant play every position that is why everyone has a role and a job to do. I would take the Brick in a heartbeat. Hey everyone gets beat or gives up a big play its gonna happen, but the only way you can tell if a lineman is good is if you dont hear his name or number being called. Kill the negativety and take the best palyer available. Who cares who it is.