Sabres Chat going on now...

SDS

In '98-'99, the Sabres had a 21 game streak where they had 5 wins, 5 ties/OTL's, and 11 outright losses.  That team obviously had no business in the playoffs either.  :D

649695[/snapback]

True, but that was a MUCH different Sabres team, have we all forgotten the concept of observing teams that are built for the playoffs because of the year off?

This Sabres team has VERY questionable defense and shaky goaltending...I do not care what their record says right now....no feasting on bottom feeders like Boston and Washington anymore...Sabres look somewhat like the team they disposed of quickly in 99 (Ottawa, good scoring, questionable everywhere else)

And plus it is the way the Sabres are losing....5-0 at Atlanta? 7-0 at Toronto?

EMBARASSING

True, but that was a MUCH different Sabres team, have we all forgotten the concept of observing teams that are built for the playoffs because of the year off?

This Sabres team has VERY questionable defense and shaky goaltending...I do not care what their record says right now....no feasting on bottom feeders like Boston and Washington anymore...Sabres look somewhat like the team they disposed of quickly in 99 (Ottawa, good scoring, questionable everywhere else)

And plus it is the way the Sabres are losing....5-0 at Atlanta?  7-0 at Toronto?

EMBARASSING

649732[/snapback]

Monday's game is huge. It will give these kids a pseudo playoff atmosphere (2 in a row in the same barn w/ 1 night off in-between) and a chance to show that getting thumped one night does not guarantee getting thumped the next. Ryan HAS been shaky lately and in the playoffs in Rochester; pitching a solid outing on Monday could go a long way towards correcting that problem. Also, getting Danny boy back should help the confidence and lines tremendously.

I wouldn't say the D is "VERY questionable", but they are definitely not in the top 10 squads. Teppo's injury (if it truly is a 10 day - 2 week thing) could end up being a blessing in disguise. He will be forced to get rest before the playoffs begin, and now that Rochester is essentially eliminated the Sabres can give Paetsch or Janik some NHL experience before the playoffs; on the (hopefully) off chance that one is needed in the playoffs. At a minimum, hopefully (and I don't expect this to happen, but I am hoping it will) Rory will finally get accustomed to the speed of the "new" NHL. He has decent speed for a defensive defenseman, but has looked very lost in his own end now that he can't grab guys in front of the net. Maybe something will click with him, I doubt it, but I am hoping.

While the Sabres don't play Boston or Washington anymore, come playoff time they have a very good chance of facing a team that they almost match up as well with in the 1st round - Philly.