Sabres Chat going on now...

SDS

I haven't listened...but just checked the score...guess the "pull the goalie"  "open net" strategy in the first period didn't work....

649677[/snapback]

oh, they're pulling something alright.

Ahhhh the Sabres...its hard to have a winning record and be a lock for the playoffs but STILL be the biggest joke in the NHL.  This is pathetic.

649681[/snapback]

it's hard when you get spanked by them leafs

Sabres really have no business in the playoffs, now every team loses a few...but come on, 5-0 at the end of the 1st against the friggin Leafs?  Not to mention 7 of the last 8 being losses.  This meltdown is truly epic.

649685[/snapback]

they're 4th in the east, and this is an 82 game season

it's good to see how fast fans jump off the bandwagon

they're 4th in the east, and this is an 82 game season

it's good to see how fast fans jump off the bandwagon

649687[/snapback]

I'm not off the bandwagon at all, they'll make the playoffs. But playing as they have been lately, they dont deserve it. I'd be surprised if anyone would argue otherwise.

And this whole "oh, every team loses a few" doesnt apply any longer...teams go through slumps, but they dont close in on almost 9 straight games of terrible play without something being seriously wrong with the squad.

I drank the Sabres Kool-Aid like everyone else, I'm glad they'll squeak into the playoffs and put an end to this long drought...but I had such high hopes for this team that have been crushed in the last two weeks. They're just above-average. If that.

I'm not off the bandwagon at all, they'll make the playoffs.  But playing as they have been lately, they dont deserve it.

649691[/snapback]

they deserve it a lot more than the teams placed 5th-12th. they played well at the beginning of the season and it allows them to slump now. the important thing is to step up the game in the playoffs and i have a feeling they will.

Sabres really have no business in the playoffs, now every team loses a few...but come on, 5-0 at the end of the 1st against the friggin Leafs?  Not to mention 7 of the last 8 being losses.  This meltdown is truly epic.

649685[/snapback]

In '98-'99, the Sabres had a 21 game streak where they had 5 wins, 5 ties/OTL's, and 11 outright losses. That team obviously had no business in the playoffs either. :D

I am not happy with the current slump, but do not see any reason they can't right the ship in the next 3 weeks. They should still be good enough to beat Philly.

In '98-'99, the Sabres had a 21 game streak where they had 5 wins, 5 ties/OTL's, and 11 outright losses.  That team obviously had no business in the playoffs either.  :D

I am not happy with the current slump, but do not see any reason they can't right the ship in the next 3 weeks.  They should still be good enough to beat Philly.

649695[/snapback]

that all depends on forsberg

In '98-'99, the Sabres had a 21 game streak where they had 5 wins, 5 ties/OTL's, and 11 outright losses.  That team obviously had no business in the playoffs either.  :D

I am not happy with the current slump, but do not see any reason they can't right the ship in the next 3 weeks.  They should still be good enough to beat Philly.

649695[/snapback]

Problem is that slump began on January 7th, not late March into early April. This is the time when teams SHOULD be getting themselves prepared for a playoff run, not flopping like a fish out of water.

Very frustrating to watch.

Its funny how the crowd had been chanting U-S-A! for Miller before the Olympics and now the kid couldn't stop a beach ball. It's time for marty to finish up the final stretch and be the man for the playoffs. Without his unreal winning streak this team is fighting for a playoff spot anyway, and not sitting at number 4.

that all depends on forsberg

649697[/snapback]

Nope. It depends on Miller / Marty. Philly's goaltending is suspect and I wouldn't want much of their D either.

If the Sabres are reasonably healthy, they can play the Drury line, Briere line, or even the Connolly line against Forsberg. Philly's lack of depth, lack of speed on D, and lack of goaltending will stop them, as it does every year. The only real fear is that Ryan did not look particularily good in the playoffs in Rochester.

Problem is that slump began on January 7th, not late March into early April.  This is the time when teams SHOULD be getting themselves prepared for a playoff run, not flopping like a fish out of water.

Very frustrating to watch.

649700[/snapback]

Actually, it began on December 28th, but your point is valid.

The thing is, based on the extremely strong 1st 60 games they had, they have the luxury to get themselves out of this slump without falling out of the playoffs. The remaining schedule is not a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination, but it isn't like they have 4 games left against Ottawa (it's only 2 more against them). It's a good mix of opponents for them to find a way to get their act together.

I'm all out of excuses. We're in the playoffs, but this stretch has been painful.

This team looks like it needs 10 days off. Oh wait, they just had 10 days off :D

I agree Dave, there is still time to right the ship, but everyone seems out of synch.

Yep, it's just a slump.

Not like the Sabres needed to get d-men at the deadline AFTER getting a 2nd round pick in a deal...nah, stay on the 25 year plan and watch guys like Vanek in 5 years sign with teams like DET, NYR, PHI etc  :D

649727[/snapback]

I think we have covered this ground before, but was there anyone available

remarkably better than Kalinin out there?