OL and DL do not concern me as much

True. Why be bothered by minor facets of football such as blocking and tackling?  Roscoe "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" Parrish is a splendid example of what wins NFL football games.

Disregard the post by Lori. She needs to learn more about what it takes to win, and perhaps about football in general.

OK, sarcasm off....If you are not concerned about the OL and DL of the Bills, I suggest that you delve just a wee bit deeper into the game of football, and then please be sure to post again.

649740[/snapback]

Definetely concerened about both lines but not as much (must have missed that part of the topic) as the lack of "proven" playmakers past Evans in the passing game. Probably more do to with what is in the draft. i feel that OL and DL are much deeper in this draft than WR. True the QB needs time to deliver, and I know they will not ignore the OL, but there is no OL in this draft beyond Brick who will be worth taking with the #8 pick. That being said Vernon Davis is worth that high of a pick. Also, there is some real value at C, G, and Tackle in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I feel that most of the Bills' first day picks should be spent on linemen, especially offensive linemen. That said, I wouldn't mind a non-lineman at #8.

650326[/snapback]

I think that our OL problems are really between the tackles. While I hope we can add a superstart LT, anyone drafted other than D'Brick will not be an upgrade over Gandy or Peters. I hope we can find a road grinder to fill LG and I hope Fowler is an upgrade over Teague. Villereal needs to step his game up as well for if we can get some body movers and get the running game consistent, with the speed we have at WR, maybe we can get something done. Who knows; if we draft Davis at TE and find a road grinder at guard to get those tough yards up the middle then we may make some noise next year.

While I hope we can add a superstart LT, anyone drafted other than D'Brick will not be an upgrade over Gandy or Peters.

650372[/snapback]

You sound pretty sure about that. Winston, Trueblood, Scott; absolutely nobody will be as good as Gandy.

This is what you are telling us and I totally disagree.

You sound pretty sure about that. Winston, Trueblood, Scott; absolutely nobody will be as good as Gandy.

This is what you are telling us and I totally disagree.

650374[/snapback]

What I forgot to add was that I was talking about this year or maybe next as the player will take time to develop. And if he struggles any; doesn't play like a Pro Bowler after at least 8 games he will be labeled a bust by most fans on this board.

If the OL and DL don't concern you, then you need to follow another sport because you sure as heck don't know anything about football. Yes, the Bills probably lack some "playmakers" as well, but you should build a football team inside out. That was the mistake Donahoe made by not following that plan, and I hope Marv doesn't continue that trend.

What I forgot to add was that I was talking about this year or maybe next as the player will take time to develop.

650466[/snapback]

The chances of the Bills making a big playoff move this season are slim. Sadly, we have massive holes and a lack of depth in many areas, and we have no idea as to whether or not we have a quarterback on the roster who does not suck.

Sounds to me like an ideal time to break in a young, stud OT.

Jmo.

Sounds to me like an ideal time to break in a young, stud OT.

650509[/snapback]

Very well put. I'll add to that by saying that at most positions, you typically get very little out of rookie players. Any offensive player other than running back usually won't make a big contribution his rookie year. Usually the quickest impact defensive players are felt to be defensive linemen. But even those guys, more often than not, need time to adapt to the NFL. Aaron Shobel is a good example of this.