Who here remembers the first time they took they

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Increments of 10 is what they are scored in. If i gave more than 2 ***** about the verbal section, i probably could have topped my 1470. but as you said, Hit the minimum on SAT scores, and no one/school gives a sh-- about them.

649671[/snapback]

Nope:

How is the SAT scored?

Scoring is a two-step process. First, a raw score is calculated: one point is added for each multiple-choice question answered correctly. Omitted questions receive no points. For multiple-choice questions answered incorrectly, 1/4 point is subtracted. No points are subtracted for incorrect answers to the SAT math questions requiring student-produced responses. Questions in the SAT equating section do not count toward the score. Then, the total points answered wrong are subtracted from the number answered correctly. If the resulting score is a fraction, it is rounded to the nearest whole number -- 1/2 or more is rounded up; less than 1/2 is rounded down.

Next, the raw score is converted to the College Board 200-to-800 scaled score by a statistical process called equating. Equating adjusts for slight differences in difficulty between test editions, and ensures that a student's score on one edition of a test reflects the same ability as a score of 450 on another edition of the test and that a student's score does not depend on how well others did on the same edition of the test

Actually correction to this:

According to wikipedia:

Scores on each section range from 200 to 800, with scores always being a multiple of 10.

So....

Anyhow, not sure if that is with the newer "adjusted" scores but I still have by score notification inside my secior yearbook at home. I'll have to break it out and see. It was from 1980.

I'm so old the test didn't exist back then. Good thing since I would have screwed it up big time. Extra good thing since I went on to become very successful and a multi millionaire today. I would hate to think some test 20 years ago inhibits my chances today.

Test's are for pussies. Real life is for men and woman !

You guys were the lucky ones! :doh:

650204[/snapback]

I forgot to ask: How long did it take we you took your test?

For me: You had to be at Albany high school by 7:45 am and the test began at 8:19. It finally end around 12:45 ish, so it was about 4 hours long. Overall the test had 10 sections. :lol:

I forgot to ask:  How long did it take we you took your test?

For me:  You had to be at Albany high school by 7:45 am and the test began at 8:19.  It finally end around 12:45 ish, so it was about 4 hours long.  And it had 10 sections to it.  It was hard and long. :lol:

650208[/snapback]

You might want to rephrase that last part ! :doh:

why didn't you get arrested for public intoxication? i mean you could have gotten into a car and killed someone.

649632[/snapback]

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

VA, you are a cool and hard core dude, but he got you here Bro. You could have shared a cell with someone who lives in a NYC Housing Project and smoked a cigarette in his apartment. :D:D:doh::D:doh:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

VA, you are a cool and hard core dude, but he got you here Bro. You could have shared a cell with someone who lives in a NYC Housing Project and smoked a cigarette in his apartment.  :w00t:  :lol:  :w00t:  :lol:  :D

650880[/snapback]

Sorry Bill but I'm not into that whole Spa and cell sharing crap like you are. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

What i'm asking is, what kind of questions will be on the SAT test?

649594[/snapback]

Math, English, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Social Studies, Literature, History. At least it used to be.

But no sex or drugs or tv shows or movies or pop music or fashions or piercings or tattoos or booze or sports or video games or fast foods. :w00t:

1387? Really? Impressive, if puzzling.

Think they were scoring them in increments of either five or ten (don't remember which) by the time I took them.

649664[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t:

Nice reply Lori... I said I was eagerly waiting to read the rest of the thread... I almost crapped my pants when I seen VA's "1387."

I gotta remind myself... The squids (ya... You were a Marine, still DoN) only take the brightest and the best... :P:D

:lol::lol:

Let me just say... I used the same philosophy as you and Jack did in the mid-1980's but, didn't do as well... I scored a 1080.

:w00t:  :w00t:

Nice reply Lori... I said I was eagerly waiting to read the rest of the thread... I almost crapped my pants when I seen VA's "1387."

I gotta remind myself... The squids (ya... You were a Marine, still DoN) only take the brightest and the best... ;)  :P 

:lol:  :lol:

Let me just say... I used the same philosophy as you and Jack did in the mid-1980's but, didn't do as well... I scored a 1080.

651062[/snapback]

Knowing VABills personally as I do, I have to believe that was a typo, and he meant to say "I scored 1 387"...as in he only took it once, and that was his score. :D

Knowing VABills personally as I do, I have to believe that was a typo, and he meant to say "I scored 1 387"...as in he only took it once, and that was his score.   :D

651071[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t:

I like the part (this page... Up a few)... Where he actually takes the heat off himself (or attempts to) and implicates Ed into the discussion.

Too freaking funny CTM...

:lol::lol: