Delay, the gift that keeps giving

You ever have any direct dealing with Delay when you were down here?

649442[/snapback]

No, saw him in the halls a lot and I think one time dealt with a staffer on some approps thing, but he didn't like Ag and I worked for a bunch of Aggies so it we wouldn't have approached him for any requests or help.

Senator Roberts, then House Ag Committee Chair and Senator Grassley's folks I had the most contact with. Also Pombo's folks and some of the other Hook and Bullet club guys. Most aggies hunt and fish and as a result are avid conservationist too, rural Dems and Reps agree a lot on that issue, especially when some idiot farmer is letting his cows or hogs wallow in local streams or are dumping pesticides.

Well the latest has is that DeLay is dropping out of the race.

It would seem if that's the case that he's been cut loose from the mother ship. Maybe he'll just plead guilty and go away quietly.

I wouldn't put it past him to have someone orchestrate a write-in campaign for poor beleagered Tom.

Yuck. Now I need to go wash my hands and gargle. He's disgusting.

Well the latest has is that DeLay is dropping out of the race.

It would seem if that's the case that he's been cut loose from the mother ship.  Maybe he'll just plead guilty and go away quietly.

I wouldn't put it past him to have someone orchestrate a write-in campaign for poor beleagered Tom.

Yuck.  Now I need to go wash my hands and gargle.  He's disgusting.

651226[/snapback]

I love this kind of ignorant sh--.

I Delay a scumbag? Yes, yes, he is. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think Pelosi, Reid, or Waxman aren't just as crooked.

They just haven't been caught...yet.

I Delay a scumbag? Yes, yes, he is. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think Pelosi, Reid, or Waxman aren't just as crooked.

651341[/snapback]

The libs have Moran. The guy went to jail for stealing 50 grand when he was the mayor of Alexandria. The guy has been the subject of many investigations and found guilty in at least one where he took a 0% loan that he never repaid anything on to a local mortgage company, with the proviso that vote a certain way on a certain bill. Of course when that came to light it was changed to a "very low" interest loan and he "wasn't" required to vote a certain way.

Congresscritters for sale to highest bidder.

Delay is single A ball compared to Moran. The libs just have better marketing since they have all the major media in their hip pockets.

651341[/snapback]

Most politicians have to make promises to someone to get ahead, but that doesn't mean they're breaking the law. You must also then believe that Boener, Frist, and McCain are also just as crooked but haven't been caught.

The libs have Moran.  The guy went to jail for stealing 50 grand when he was the mayor of Alexandria.  The guy has been the subject of many investigations and found guilty in at least one where he took a 0% loan that he never repaid anything on to a local mortgage company, with the proviso that vote a certain way on a certain bill.  Of course when that came to light it was changed to a "very low" interest loan and he "wasn't" required to vote a certain way. 

Congresscritters for sale to highest bidder. 

Delay is single A ball compared to Moran.  The libs just have better marketing since they have all the major media in their hip pockets.

651350[/snapback]

You said Moran...

Most politicians have to make promises to someone to get ahead, but that doesn't mean they're breaking the law.  You must also then believe that Boener, Frist, and McCain are also just as crooked but haven't been caught.

651351[/snapback]

No, it's just that the Dems, with their Super-Duper-Callafragilistic-Majority in both houses of Congress can quash any move against them by the ethics committees.

:w00t:

Most politicians have to make promises to someone to get ahead, but that doesn't mean they're breaking the law.  You must also then believe that Boener, Frist, and McCain are also just as crooked but haven't been caught.

651351[/snapback]

You're right about that, I do think they're all crooked.