I demand a congressional investigation

I understand we are all happy to see Jill Carrroll released by her captors. But why did she get a free cammy jacket. She is taking equipment from our troops in the field. That is my tax payer dollars being wasted. But that's just the tip. We are now spending money and putting military resources at risk to fly her out of the country and back to the US. She should have to go to the airport and but a ticket like anyone else wanting to come or go from there that were not entitled to be there.

This is too frequent of an occurrance, and as a tax payer I demand this practice stop right away.

Picture of the thief:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/04....carroll.ap.jpg

I understand we are all happy to see Jill Carrroll released by her captors.  But why did she get a free cammy jacket.  She is taking equipment from our troops in the field.  That is my tax payer dollars being wasted.  But that's just the tip.  We are now spending money and putting military resources at risk to fly her out of the country and back to the US.  She should have to go to the airport and but a ticket like anyone else wanting to come or go from there that were not entitled to be there.

This is too frequent of an occurrance, and as a tax payer I demand this practice stop right away. 

Picture of the thief:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/04....carroll.ap.jpg

649379[/snapback]

And who paid for that dye job?

Man of course the AP used the worst photo they possibly could of her.  When I start hearing "Halliburton" mentioned by you guys then maybe I can agree on this one, HA!

649392[/snapback]

Hey, a competitor. She's actually kinda cute.

:D I'm disappointed in you, I thought you would come up with a better retort than that.  Even your standard "Kirk" response would have been better

649498[/snapback]

I drank last night. Give me a break. You check your PM?

Oops pardon me.  I thought I was on a chat board but it seems I've walked smack dab into the latest episode of "Guys with No Lives".

:lol:

649655[/snapback]

:P (Says the schmuck watching his Sabres get crushed on a Saturday night. :D)

:doh: (Says the schmuck watching his Sabres get crushed on a Saturday night.  :lol:)

649680[/snapback]

"his"? ugh. now THAT is an insult.

I suppose watching the Sabres lose is better than watching the Sonics lose, but I did neither. It's baseball season - time to get ready to watch the Mariners lose! :)

"his"?  ugh.  now THAT is an insult.

I suppose watching the Sabres lose is better than watching the Sonics lose, but I did neither.  It's baseball season - time to get ready to watch the Mariners lose! :lol:

650019[/snapback]

I thought you might take some exception with the "his" part...

Also, why watch? The Mariners losing this year is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Like sand through the hourglass, so are us guys with no lives

"his"?  ugh.  now THAT is an insult.

I suppose watching the Sabres lose is better than watching the Sonics lose, but I did neither.  It's baseball season - time to get ready to watch the Mariners lose! :lol:

650019[/snapback]

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Deb. The schmuck I was referring to was myself. I thought your comment was funny, and was referring to the fact that I thought it so even though I most likely qualify for membership in the club (but hadn't previously posted in the thread). Watching the Sabres on the tube (especially when they were playing arguably their worst game of the season) on a Saturday night, was meant as an example of why I probably earned inclusion. Before wife and kids, watching the Sabres on the tube probably would not have been the main activity on a Saturday night.

:lol: I'm disappointed in you, I thought you would come up with a better retort than that.  Even your standard "Kirk" response would have been better

649498[/snapback]

Pray tell what would have been your witty retort? I think that's just your sad sad way of trying to get out of being slammed :doh: