DOUG FLUTIE TALKING WITH DOLPHINS

I'm in awe of your knowledge.  I agree that Marv Bateman was one of the worst ever and I'll never forget the airbrushed velvet looking helmets .  But, the one that sticks in my mind is the 1976 Eric Torkelson, RB, Green Bay (my avatar).  He looks as though he belongs in an assisted living facility.

649764[/snapback]

In the business once upon a time, before the multiple set/chase card explosion. Still got in excess of 100,000 cards upstairs in boxes and binders... and my brother probably has two or three times that many at his place.

I cheated on the Bills cards; one of the binders on my desk contains every Buffalo team set from 1960-90. (Before I discovered Relentless and media guides, they were my main source for stats.) I'm looking at the Bateman right now, and it looks like someone added the red accent to the numbers with a Magic Marker. Laughable.

As for the others, I have a special affinity for the 1977 Topps set, because that was the first year I really started collecting.

Incidentally, Torkelson is from said '77 set. (Check the copyright date on the back.)

In the business once upon a time, before the multiple set/chase card explosion. Still got in excess of 100,000 cards upstairs in boxes and binders... and my brother probably has two or three times that many at his place.

I cheated on the Bills cards; one of the binders on my desk contains every Buffalo team set from 1960-90. (Before I discovered Relentless and media guides, they were my main source for stats.) I'm looking at the Bateman right now, and it looks like someone added the red accent to the numbers with a Magic Marker. Laughable.

As for the others, I have a special affinity for the 1977 Topps set, because that was the first year I really started collecting.

Incidentally, Torkelson is from said '77 set. (Check the copyright date on the back.)

649769[/snapback]

I *stopped* collecting after '76 because I moved to Canada. I actually mail-ordered that complete set, but it wasn't the same as buying the packs, opening them, going thru the whole "need 'em, got 'em" process and trying to screw my buddies out of their good cards :D Still have that set including the Walter Payton rookie card.