Why Football Sucks

Chef Jim

Idiots

Notice none of these were from the early days of football. What a bunch of jerks. The old Levy line: "Act as if you've been there before." I used to love the way Therman used to just hand the ball to the ref. They could take a note from college players...........

Some of the celbrations are getting excessive, but I really don't have a problem with most of the ones they have listed. I think the league won't be happy until the get only quiet applause as the only acceptable TD celebration.

I guess the biggest reason they made this is because they were getting alot of calls across the country from kids in little league games trying to immetate or make their own excessive TD celebrations.

I for one like most of those celebrations. nothing wrong with having a little fun when you score. Its ENTERTAINMENT. Its supposed ot be fun and enjoyable. If i want stoic and seriousness, i'll go to work on sunday.

I for one like most of those celebrations. nothing wrong with having a little fun when you score. Its ENTERTAINMENT. Its supposed ot be fun and enjoyable. If i want stoic and seriousness, i'll go to work on sunday.

647878[/snapback]

I agree ... and if any of those high-profile dancin' and prop using TD scorers were doing it for the Bills and grabbing SportsCenter highlights every Sunday most of the haters would be all for it.

I agree ... and if any of those high-profile dancin' and prop using TD scorers were doing it for the Bills and grabbing SportsCenter highlights every Sunday most of the haters would be all for it.

647886[/snapback]

Sorry, I'd hate it even more because he'd be on the team I'm rooting for. Team, remember that concept? Like I said watch a college game and watch what they do when they score. They either hand the ball to the ref or just drop it to the ground. Funny how those amatures act more professional than the pros. The only one of those I like is the Lambeau Leap. Sharing it with the fans.

Some of the celbrations are getting excessive, but I really don't have a problem with most of the ones they have listed. I think the league won't be happy until the get only quiet applause as the only acceptable TD celebration.

647520[/snapback]

Actually, it was turning a lot of fans off.

If quiet applause is what they wanted, thats what they would have put as the rule

647878[/snapback]

If football itself isn't entertaining for you, thats ok, you dont have to watch it. You can always turn on MTV.....err, wait, there is never anything on that channel

Chef, I miss the celebrations, but if you don't keep celebrating to a minimum, then it can get out of hand. The next thing you know, people are beating the crap out of each other on the field and in the stands for no good reason whatsoever. And I'll be damned if I've been watching this game for over 30 years just to have it turn into hockey.

Chef, I miss the celebrations, but if you don't keep celebrating to a minimum, then it can get out of hand. The next thing you know, people are beating the crap out of each other on the field and in the stands for no good reason whatsoever. And I'll be damned if I've been watching this game for over 30 years just to have it turn into hockey.

647915[/snapback]

Hmm, hockey....you have an idea there. :doh:

647915[/snapback]

Isn't that soccer?

I'm glad they're cracking down on those idiotic celebrations.

Steve Smith bugs the hell outta me...I think he's the worst.

Shaun Alexander is the best though, the sprinkler rules!

647805[/snapback]

What, did you watch any games last year?