Sabres end their losing streak!

That is the on going problem with the Sabres, we are always up and coming. It is not about bringing in a journeyman instead of building for the future. It is about bringing in some new blood at the deadline to infuse the team. It is a long season, teams that are successful always bring in a little new blood at some point....

648146[/snapback]

You mean like Lukowich and Klee infused the Devils? :doh:

How about all the players Edmonton picked up?

Tyler Arnason in Ottawa? Oh, never mind. They're winning despite his lack of production.

Doug Weight and Mark Recchi in Carolina?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like Lukowich and Klee infused the Devils?  :doh:

Tyler Arnason in Ottawa?  Oh, never mind.  They're winning despite his lack of production.

648627[/snapback]

These points are valid, but I think my issues with Regier not making a move (a small move) for a decent defenseman is not so much an issue on March 31st, but what about come playoff time? Now with the new rule changes, we do not know how different playoff hockey will be from regular season hockey, but we all know there will be some difference.

Shouldn't the Sabres have clinched a playoff spot by now with 96 points?

I noticed that the Thrashers are the odd team out (number 9 by 7 points)... They only have, I think nine games left.

649146[/snapback]

Sabres are 1 point shy of the playoffs. Atlanta could theoretically take the tiebreaker from the Sabres.

Off the top of my head, I think the Sabres are 3 wins shy of locking themselves into the 4v5 matchup as teams 6-8 all have 83 points. (Too lazy to look up how many points they need to clinch 5th.)

You mean like Lukowich and Klee infused the Devils?  :D

Tyler Arnason in Ottawa?  Oh, never mind.  They're winning despite his lack of production.

648627[/snapback]

AD, you are on the money for the most part. Darcy definitely doesn't deserve the bashing he has received recently.

One minor exception I will take is, I would very much like to have seen Spacek wearing a Shatanic goatheat. Edmonton got him for a minor leaguer that did decent in the AHL last season, and went back to Finland this year (the guy is doing very well over there, but I have Q's about why he went back). I expect the Sabres could have picked him up for a reasonable price.