Draft 1 Month away

TDRupp

Don't tell us who you want, just who you think the Bills take.

My prediction: Michael Huff, S

Good fit for cover-2 safety and I just get the feeling Marv will go S based on Vincent's age and the relative weakness of the other players there, not to mention it is a fairly good value at 8, and the secondary is a safe bet for 1st rounders.

Don't tell us who you want, just who you think the Bills take.

My prediction:  Michael Huff, S

Good fit for cover-2 safety and I just get the feeling Marv will go S based on Vincent's age and the relative weakness of the other players there, not to mention it is a fairly good value at 8, and the secondary is a safe bet for 1st rounders.

645223[/snapback]

IMHO, I still think that unless the Bills trade down, that they will go for a D linemen. I have read too many articles about Levy where he feels that the line is the key point of attack. Unless you can dominate the line of scrimmage, then they play will work in the favor of the oppenent. I really think that they will go Ngata or Bunkley unless Ferguson falls down for some reason to #8. Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong, since I am not currently included in the Bills draft braintrust. Damn, wonder why they won't return my phone calls?? :unsure:

I too like Huff very much here but he's a close 2nd to Hawk. I'd be happy with either choice, they both make sense.

645242[/snapback]

The problem is that too many teams ahead of us like Hawk as well. I have seen about a 100 mock drafts that have Hawk go hunting with Favre already!

I want VD!!!

645262[/snapback]

We should trade for Ron Mexico ?

Better hope the QB's are as popular as the media portrays them. Otherwise, desirable players will not drop to us. Mario Williams is the guy I want but will be a top 5 pick. Ferguson will probably be gone.

I want a player who could start immediately and make an impact. Hawk or Huff, if we're picking #8. If we trade down in Round 1, then DT Gabe Watson or LT Eric Winston enter the picture. A starting OG could be had in Round 2 or 3. Very deep position. After the Royal signing and the return of Everett, I doubt the Bills would consider TE Davis.

I'm waiting for my Ourlads guide to arrive for some additional insight.

With Mario, Ferguson, Ngata, Hawk, VD, Bush and Leinart off the board; the Bills take Vince Young and shock everyone.

Marv cuts ties with TD's boy J.P. and let's Nall and Holcomb battle it out while Vince prepares for '07. Ralph smiles because he's done something to help out the box office. With 3 picks left on Day 1, they address the lines:

Round 2: Eric Winston, OT Miami

Round 3: Taitusi Luitui, OG USC

Round 3: Jonathan Lewis, DT Virginia Tech (Most Underrated DT in the Draft!)

I'd like to think that with pick 8 there is a serious DT or OT candidate out there that suits us. If it's the former, I'm looking for Bunkley over Ngata, given the little I've read and the system that it sounds like we want to run.

That said, we do have enough first day picks to juggle and move around to get the inside help we need on both lines in subsequent rounds, IMO. To my mind we are hurting at OG way more than at OT, and could locate 1-2 of them in rounds 2-3, maybe even R4 if we get Houston's first pick in that round.

So we could perhaps target a sort of luxury pick in Vernon Davis if he is there, looks like a can't miss and we feel he's the kind of guy who could become our Antonio Gates. I can't see how anybody here would mind that. What was called a very sh------- SD line (and QB) suddenly looked a lot better with a monster #1 target. I'd predict the same here if Davis happens for us.

The Milloy cut seems to point to Huff, though. So I reluctantly predict he's the man here -- reluctantly not because he's a bad player, but because I selfishly would like to see an exciting move made with Davis, or a high-need, safe move in a line pick.

wouldn't mind seeing a trade down with the Broncos to pick up their 2 1sts and then snag Mangold and Carpenter, or Mangold and Bunkley. Something like that. would like to see us steal G Davin Joseph in the 2nd round and DTs Babatunde Oshinowo and Dusty Dvoracek in the 3rd.

wouldn't mind seeing a trade down with the Broncos to pick up their 2 1sts and then snag Mangold and Carpenter, or Mangold and Bunkley. Something like that. would like to see us steal G Davin Joseph in the 2nd round and DTs Babatunde Oshinowo and Dusty Dvoracek in the 3rd.

645436[/snapback]

Sounds like a winner to me...get 'er done Marv!!

I think if we trade down to grab Bunkley he will be gone, Cleveland has their eye on him and supposedly they will take him if he is there. If Davis or Huff is their i dont think we can go wrong either way. Personally I do not think that Bunkley or Ngata are worth a top 10. But if we were going to take one, I like Bunkley. That being said I would take Hawk or Davis first. To much talent to pass bye

I think the first listed players is most likely to be drafted.

Texans Bush or Ferguson

Saints Williams or Hawk

Titans Leinhart or Bush

Jets Ferguson or Leinhart

Packers Hawk or Williams

49'ers Huff or Ngata

Raiders Ngata or Huff

Do the Bills go for best on the board or more for need?

When the Bills turn comes the best on the board is Davis.

OT Winston Justice is a valuable guy and worthy a higher first round grade.

Living in Northern CA I know the Raiders want/need D linemen desperately. To get Ngata the Bills will have to trade up ahead of the Raiders and possibly the 49'ers. The cost of trading in this portion of the draft is too much.

So my long winded answer is Vernon Davis but would not be suprised if it is Justice as OT's are always valuable.