Your Most Watched Shows

Chilly

I'm a big fan of single-episode dramas.

What I mean by this is that on Law & Order, House, etc, there is a storyline that is epxlained in one episode, but there are parts that continue between episodes.

Maybe its because I'm ADD. :unsure:

Anyway, what do you guys think are the best shows on TV?

The shows that I try to watch everyweek (or tivo to watch):

- Simpsons

- Family Guy

- House

- Law & Order

- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

- Sopranos

- Daily Show

Other then that, I don't watch much TV. I'll once in a while watch a rerun of Seinfeld usually when I'm doing something else.

What do you guys watch?

Firefly

Still #14 in sales at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AQS0...&v=glance&n=130

If I have to pick shows that weren't cancelled before their time:

Smallville (well, I watch it on DVD...)

Firefly

Prison Break

Firefly

Veronica Mars

Firefly

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel are good too. But they're no Firefly.

CW

Firefly

Still #14 in sales at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AQS0...&v=glance&n=130

If I have to pick shows that weren't cancelled before their time:

Smallville (well, I watch it on DVD...)

Firefly

Prison Break

Firefly

Veronica Mars

Firefly

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel are good too.  But they're no Firefly.

CW

645140[/snapback]

:unsure:

I gotta get around to watching Firefly one of these times. I've heard its damn good!

Is it scifi?

:unsure:

I gotta get around to watching Firefly one of these times.  I've heard its damn good!

Is it scifi?

645141[/snapback]

Officially, it's a "Sci-fi western."

Everyone I've shown the show to has loved it. Nobody has said, "Eh, it's ok." Everyone has said, "WHY THE HELL WAS THAT SHOW CANCELLED?!?!?!?!" Watch it, you won't regret it :P

CW

Officially, it's a "Sci-fi western."

Everyone I've shown the show to has loved it.  Nobody has said, "Eh, it's ok."  Everyone has said, "WHY THE HELL WAS THAT SHOW CANCELLED?!?!?!?!"  Watch it, you won't regret it :P

CW

645143[/snapback]

Nice, I'll, go, uh "buy the DVD"... :unsure:

Nice, I'll, go, uh "buy the DVD"...  :unsure:

645145[/snapback]

Dude, do yourself a favor and really BUY the DVD. If sales stay high, another movie/season are a real possibility. Why do you think the Serenity move was made? Because DVD *sales* were high.

Don't "buy" the DVD.

CW

I'm not a big television fan, but here's what I'm watching currently:

Sopranos

Apprentice

The Office

My Name is Earl

Idol

SNL

I did watch an episode of Las Vegas a week or two ago, so I may check that out again. Other than that, I typically watch movies or listen to some good music.

The Shield (best show on TV, IMO)

Lost

South Park

The Office

I try to catch Family Guy but it's not on the same level as the other 5 I mentioned. I caught a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica on the Sci-Fi channel and it was great too but I just didn't want to add another show to my life. Someday I'll watch those DVDs from the start.

RE: Firefly, my uncle the actor had a couple lines in one of the episodes when it was on TV. He played some interplanetary dignitary guy at this ballroom event thing the main characters were attending. He (and a bunch of the other rich, interplanetary guys) was talking to the ship's mechanic about spaceship engines. Fezmid is probably sick of hearing this story by now.

The Shield (best show on TV, IMO)

Lost

South Park

The Office

I try to catch Family Guy but it's not on the same level as the other 5 I mentioned.  I caught a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica on the Sci-Fi channel and it was great too but I just didn't want to add another show to my life.  Someday I'll watch those DVDs from the start.

RE: Firefly, my uncle the actor had a couple lines in one of the episodes when it was on TV.  He played some interplanetary dignitary guy at this ballroom event thing the main characters were attending.  He (and a bunch of the other rich, interplanetary guys) was talking to the ship's mechanic about spaceship engines.  Fezmid is probably sick of hearing this story by now.

645163[/snapback]

No, I think it's an awesome story - I even paid attention to it when I watched the scene. :unsure: The episode is "Shindig." :P

I forgot to put Lost and Battlestar Gallactica on the list. BSG is VERY good, but you do have to watch it from the start to understand the story. Highly work the time though.

CW

Dude, do yourself a favor and really BUY the DVD.  If sales stay high, another movie/season are a real possibility.  Why do you think the Serenity move was made?  Because DVD *sales* were high.

Don't "buy" the DVD.

CW

645146[/snapback]

The problem is I'm a college student. :unsure:

The problem is I'm a college student.  :unsure:

645167[/snapback]

Copout. I don't know a college student who can't afford $25. You have a PC, don't you? Those cost more than $25.

If $25 really is too much, then rent it. Or split it with friends/roomates. Or buy it and then sell it when you're done (you should be able to get $15 for it easy). There are ways, and in this case, it's definately worth it.

CW

Copout.  I don't know a college student who can't afford $25.  You have a PC, don't you?  Those cost more than $25.

If $25 really is too much, then rent it.  Or split it with friends/roomates.  Or buy it and then sell it when you're done (you should be able to get $15 for it easy).  There are ways, and in this case, it's definately worth it.

CW

645176[/snapback]

Nah, its not a copout.

I just have other priorities for my money. (sup World of Warcraft :unsure: )

If I like it, enough to buy it, then I will. But I'm not going to go buy the DVDs without first viewing them and determining that they are worthy to be bought. There are very few shows that I think are at that level.

Law & Order is one of them. I have bought the DVDs there.

Gilmore Girls

Hey, screw you for judging me!

Oh, and BlueFire, do what you will...but if there is any show worth buying, it's Firefly. I got em from NetFlix and burned them. A few weeks later I finally got a chance to sit down and start watching. After the first 3 episodes I went out and bought the set. Really great show.

Gilmore Girls

Hey, screw you for judging me!

Oh, and BlueFire, do what you will...but if there is any show worth buying, it's Firefly.  I got em from NetFlix and burned them.  A few weeks later I finally got a chance to sit down and start watching.  After the first 3 episodes I went out and bought the set.  Really great show.

645196[/snapback]

Hehe, me and my roommate do exactly that with Blockbuster online.

If it is as you say, I shall. :unsure: