Sorry Folks but....

Let's face it...the other teams are not stupid. They know if they wait the Bills out...Moulds will eventually get released and they can sign him without giving up anything.

I am not a betting man but my money is on the fact thaat Moulds will not get traded and will eventually be released before the season starts.

Normally I would agree, but in such a bad year for WRs in the draft and in FA, someone will be willing to pay a premium to guarantee that they get him. I think it will be the Eagles. They've got three 4th round picks to spare.

I dunno. If Marv debated this using all the options (which I'm sure he has), he would've released Eric a long time ago. Either a team gives him what he wants or we keep Moulds. We'll see what type of man Eric really is if there are no takers and has to spend one final year in Buffalo.

At first I thought the same as Newman did, but I've changed my opinion over the last few days. Lets face it, if Moulds gets released...a team like the Texans has NO shot at getting him with the Eagles and the Seahawks both in the UFA race.

Their only shot is a trade, and since they seem to be pushing so hard for him...hell, it'll make Philly or Seattle panic and up their own offers to secure his services.

This is NOT a hard concept.  Moulds is due a $1.1M roster bonus at the START of training camp.  So that's probably the "deadline" and is 4 months away from today.  He'll either be traded or kept UNTIL just prior to that date.

645044[/snapback]

In which case he's effed, because no team is going to have his demanded salary left in cap. :unsure:

Let's face it...the other teams are not stupid.  They know if they wait the Bills out...Moulds will eventually get released and they can sign him without giving up anything. 

I am not a betting man but  my money is on the fact thaat Moulds will not get traded and will eventually be released before the season starts.

644962[/snapback]

Everyone bet their money that way, since Soprano365 said otherwise. :unsure:

Three years ago we had enough money to sign Milloy in September.

I think Moulds will be treaded after the draft for a pick in 07. Since next years, may even get a 3rd rounder out of it.

In which case he's effed, because no team is going to have his demanded salary left in cap.  :unsure:

645046[/snapback]

The one thing I DO NOT like:

New England is interested, and wants moulds. That makes me think we ought to do everything humanly possible to KEEP him!

Every time they dump somebody, we jump on them and they end up sucking. Shouldn't that be reason enough? Last time this happened, Antwoin Smith ended up with a superbowl ring!

Three years ago we had enough money to sign Milloy in September. 

I think Moulds will be treaded after the draft for a pick in 07.  Since next years, may even get a 3rd rounder out of it.

645074[/snapback]

Actually, I think he will be traded before the draft, so teams can draft accordingly. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Let's face it...the other teams are not stupid.  They know if they wait the Bills out...Moulds will eventually get released and they can sign him without giving up anything. 

I am not a betting man but  my money is on the fact thaat Moulds will not get traded and will eventually be released before the season starts.

644962[/snapback]

I'd agree if I thought that the Bills really wanted to cut Eric. Marv tried his ass off to keep him at an acceptable price and he wouldn't bend. So, now they are well under the cap with him and it wouldn't suprise me if, with out a decent offer, they still try to keep him.

Eric saying he won't play is a farse. If the money is good expect Eric to be a very happy member of the Buffalo Bills.

T_R

The value lies in the Bills' ability to steer Moulds to a team that he would not likely sign with otherwise. If the Eagles were the only team expressing interest, he'd have been cut already and the Eagles and Moulds would be happily married. The interest of other teams has created a nice situation though. We have the cap room to keep him, so teams would be taking a risk that they can't afford to take.

For god's sake...the patriots receiving corp is Branch (very good), Bethel Johnson (average when he's healthy, which is rare), and Troy Brown, who's older than Methuseleh. It's a lousy draft class for WRs. The Eagles have a bunch of average joes catching balls, and they very much need a leader of that young bunch of WRs.

Other teams have similar problems at WR.

There is value in holding onto Moulds. We'll get a pick. It might only be a 5th, but we'll get a pick....to compensate for the lame ass bullschitt reaming we got from the draft compensation committee again this year.