Nice interview with Bills TE Robert Royal

He mentioned Nall first and Losman last among the QB's.

Conclusion: Losman is hated by all, drinks too much and will be traded within 48 hours.

644456[/snapback]

You may laugh and make fun of it, but there is something to that statement. When your own players do not mention the "starter" first it does make one wonder.

And no I am not joking. :doh:

He mentioned Nall first and Losman last among the QB's.

Conclusion: Losman is hated by all, drinks too much and will be traded within 48 hours.

644456[/snapback]

Conspiracy theorists of the world, unite!

Royal went to school with Nall, so of course he knows him better than the other two guys. Holcomb's been in the league longer, so he's heard of him. JP and his whole 8 NFL starts? Gee, who is that guy again? :doh:

You may laugh and make fun of it, but there is something to that statement.  When your own players do not mention the "starter" first it does make one wonder. 

And no I am not joking.  :doh:

644463[/snapback]

Nall is his friend. They were at LSU together. One of the few guys he knows on the team.

You may laugh and make fun of it, but there is something to that statement.  When your own players do not mention the "starter" first it does make one wonder. 

644463[/snapback]

So Nall is the Starter. Got it.

644463[/snapback]

Do ya think this can explain it or does Royal think Eric Powell should start at DE?

PFW: Who have you struck up friendships with? Did you have some friends in Buffalo before you came up?

Royal: Of course, I was familiar with Josh Reed — we played together at LSU. And I knew Craig Nall — we played together at LSU. And then Matt Bowen came in from the Redskins, so it’s been easier to make the transition. I’ve been hanging with my man Eric (Powell, a defensive end from Florida State). I’m just seeing who fits as the players I want to be around. I’m one of those guys that can hang with anybody and everybody.

When you grow up in Louisiana and you play at LSU, Tulane is the Miami Dolphins.

644489[/snapback]

Different conference. Why would they even have a rivalry? Do they play each other every year, or every other year. If not, I wouldn't equate it to that. It would be like saying UVA and William and Mary are a rivalry, or UB and Syracuse. Just because they are in the same state, doesn't mean they are the Bills to the fish.

i found this a little interesting:

PFW: Now, the three players I mentioned are all defensive players. In addition to yourself, are there some leaders on the offensive side of the ball?

Royal: You know you start with Willis McGahee. I think he’s a guy who definitely has leadership qualities from just seeing him on the field. Obviously, I haven’t talked much with him off the field, I haven’t seen how he interacts with players, but he’s got the leadership capability. Your quarterbacks should always have it, whether it comes from Craig Nall, Kelly (Holcomb) or J.P. Losman or any one of those guys, but a quarterback definitely has to have that leadership quality. You find guys and you start to build that in the offseason — you just find guys that can do it and encourage them to continue doing it.

no eric moulds...... interesting, i know hes more than likely about to leave, but as of now he's still on the team.

i found this a little interesting:

no eric moulds...... interesting, i know hes more than likely about to leave, but as of now he's still on the team.

644508[/snapback]

Again, what is said, or in this case not said, does speak volumes.

Different conference.  Why would they even have a rivalry?  Do they play each other every year, or every other year.  If not, I wouldn't equate it to that.  It would be like saying UVA and William and Mary are a rivalry, or UB and Syracuse.  Just because they are in the same state, doesn't mean they are the Bills to the fish.

644495[/snapback]

The rivalry goes back a long time ago. Tulane used to be in the SEC, and our hatred for each other is still there. In football, we play for the "Tiger Rag" which is a flag made up of LSU and Tulane colors. Notice how LSU colors are Purple and Yellow, while Tulane is Green. A long time ago, LSU and Tulane were to play each other, but they couldn't tell the two teams apart, so for uniforms, LSU went bought all of the purple and yellow material from local mardi gras shops, while tulane bought all the green.

The rivalry goes back a long time ago. Tulane used to be in the SEC, and our hatred for each other is still there. In football, we play for the "Tiger Rag" which is a flag made up of LSU and Tulane colors. Notice how LSU colors are Purple and Yellow, while Tulane is Green. A long time ago, LSU and Tulane were to play each other, but they couldn't tell the two teams apart, so for uniforms, LSU went bought all of the purple and yellow material from local mardi gras shops, while tulane bought all the green.

644512[/snapback]

Cool, I learned something today.

I guess I can go home now. :doh:

The guy is a great blocker?  I like that.  I also like his interest as a receiver. Hopefully he'll fill a big hole in our offense.

644514[/snapback]

i think just a healthy body in our offense will fill the hole of injured TE