A Plug for my Friend

ajzepp

Hi All....

My friend, Robert Holliday, is trying to get back into radio. He was a very well-known radio host for many years, but had to take some time away due to personal issues. He's been taking some actual phone calls and ideas from his old show and turning them into 20-30 min podcasts. If you guys even get some free time, I'd really appreciate it if you'd give them a listen. Just to tease the first episode, it's centered on an unexpected call he received one night while on the air from a man who was literally climbing up the side of a mountain with the intention of taking his own life. His marriage was on the rocks and he was one confused, upset guy. Not only is it a very interesting phone call, in the second or third episode you hear what happened years later.....truly fascinating.

Anyway, here's the website: http://www.brejn.com/robert/

He's really trying hard to get back in the saddle, so if any of you happen to be moved by what he has to say, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let him know. He's a great guy with a helluva great family.

Hi All....

My friend, Robert Holliday, is trying to get back into radio. He was a very well-known radio host for many years, but had to take some time away due to personal issues. He's been taking some actual phone calls and ideas from his old show and turning them into 20-30 min podcasts. If you guys even get some free time, I'd really appreciate it if you'd give them a listen. Just to tease the first episode, it's centered on an unexpected call he received one night while on the air from a man who was literally climbing up the side of a mountain with the intention of taking his own life. His marriage was on the rocks and he was one confused, upset guy. Not only is it a very interesting phone call, in the second or third episode you hear what happened years later.....truly fascinating.

Anyway, here's the website: http://www.brejn.com/robert/

He's really trying hard to get back in the saddle, so if any of you happen to be moved by what he has to say, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let him know. He's a great guy with a helluva great family.

644077[/snapback]

Sure, I'll listen to them and provide feedback to him. :P

Not to be a dick, but I pulled up episode 9, and I'm being totally honest in that if I heard it while driving, I'd definitely fall asleep.

644362[/snapback]

I fully understand that he's not for everyone.....But I know enough about the people on here that there will be a few who really like his show. Even if only one or two people check in for a listen every once in a while, that would be great. If I could get into the details as to why he's been off the air for so long, I think some of you would really be rooting for the guy - just like I am :doh:

Actually he is in a pretty good situation with Satellite radio wars going on there is a great need for folks in broadcasting.  I wish him luck!

644271[/snapback]

That's an interesting point. From what I understand, he was VERY popular back in the day. He was based out of Las Vegas, but I'm quite sure that his show was in syndication in several larger markets. I just know that he's really excited about taking a shot at getting back into it, even on a small scale.

I still can't stand American Idol, though I did check out some of the "oldies" performances on the web. Hard to go wrong with Johnny Mercer and Patsy Cline.

644452[/snapback]

LOL.....yeah, the 'Walkin' at Midnight' performance was pretty strong. I don't think I've ever herad a Patsy Cline song I didn't like. One of these days I'm going to have to pick up one of her albums.

By the way, thanks for being one of the people who encouraged me to get some Van Morrison stuff. With the help of Fezmid, I got "Moondance" last week and I've already burned a hole in the disc, I think. Can't wait to get more of his stuff....damn good music.

He's pretty good.....

with a lil fine tuning he'll be ok

644340[/snapback]

I agree. I think that's partly why he uses clips from old shows. Most of the reason is that they are some fascinating calls, but it also helps him a little to 'rely' on them for these podcasts since he's only just now trying to get back into the game.

I listened to a few of the episodes.  They are really good so far.  I liked the one where he talked about his kids (ep. 7).  Brought tears to my eyes it was so sweet.  ;)

645105[/snapback]

You shoudl listen to the one about the couple in the images section....if you pay attention to what is said, it's absoutely amazing!

You shoudl listen to the one about the couple in the images section....if you pay attention to what is said, it's absoutely amazing!

645936[/snapback]

Yeah, it's amazing what this guy comes up with. When he's talking about tough times in your life. "...can't get any worse. Always gets better."

I also thought the way the guy proposed to the girl was original. Pretty cool.