Back to Middle Eastern Front

No I was saying longer then that because I know it takes longer then that to build Sergeants and Officers.  You can't throw the country over to a bunch of butter bars and privates.  I have always said you are going to need some staff officers in the Iraq rank at the equivelant of about Major or better.  That is going to take 5-8 at least.

645109[/snapback]

Call me a terrorist too, because I agree with Chicot. One of the big five mistakes I saw was summarilly firing the Iraq military and much of the people running what was the current infrastructure. And Kiwi Whatever the Hell He Is can bust on me for understanding history, but in Germany we understood that not everyone was SS and the trains still needed to run. That one thing has set back our progress more than a little bit.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a terrorist too, because I agree with Chicot. One of the big five mistakes I saw was summarilly firing the Iraq military and much of the people running what was the current infrastructure. And Kiwi Whatever the Hell He Is can bust on me for understanding history, but in Germany we understood that not everyone was SS and the trains still needed to run. That one thing has set back our progress more than a little bit.

645113[/snapback]

The infrastructure question hasn't been brought up enough, in the press or elsewhere. I still don't have any sense of what it is like there from that standpoint. Oh there are accusations and positive posturing, but nothing that gives any kind of detailed overall picture. Probably not something a civy needs to know. But I thought that was a mistake and originally thought they were going to try and bring in these folks to do work. What went wrong?

The infrastructure question hasn't been brought up enough, in the press or elsewhere.  I still don't have any sense of what it is like there from that standpoint.  Oh there are accusations and positive posturing, but nothing that gives any kind of detailed overall picture.  Probably not something a civy needs to know.  But I thought that was a mistake and originally thought they were going to try and bring in these folks to do work.  What went wrong?

645128[/snapback]

I really don't know. Stubborn? I do know my former head boss was the on scene guy for "rebuilding" Iraq, basically said "screw this", and came back to DC.