The suite life with John Kerry

Equal time  :P

The Smoking Gun

643782[/snapback]

I don't like Kerry...but I have a hard time getting all giddy about a memo some staffer wrote detailing his food, leisure, and sleep preferences so that he wouldn't have to worry about them during long campaigning stretches of 18-hour days.

And I hate tomatos and celery as well. So what?

Some good stuff there. It's the little things of the campaign trail and on-the-road political life that are amusing.

Lots of people don't like celery. Stringy and gets caught in the teeth. This would be especially bad for someone whose appearance matters. Me, I love 'Ants on a Log.' My 5-y.o. nephew doesn't like any of the three ingredients by themselves, but when you put them together.... Darin, we can only assume that he was against celery before he was for it? :P

What the hell is Peanut Power Butter? I could only guess it's been blessed by George Washington Carver.

Someone can't spell. "Beens"? "Prefereably organinc"?

The 'No tomato products' bit is good for a chuckle, considering.

I was impressed with the tone of the Kerry rider. Very amicable, very pleasant, well organized, nice layout. Very unlike the Cheney rider which has a demanding tone, is a complete mess layout-wise, and comes across as, well, like a dick.

I was impressed with the tone of the Kerry rider.  Very amicable, very pleasant, well organized, nice layout.  Very unlike the Cheney rider which has a demanding tone, is a complete mess layout-wise, and comes across as, well, like a dick.

643905[/snapback]

You never quit.

Think Dick's is bad? You should see mine.

Some good stuff there. It's the little things of the campaign trail and on-the-road political life that are amusing.

Lots of people don't like celery. Stringy and gets caught in the teeth. This would be especially bad for someone whose appearance matters. Me, I love 'Ants on a Log.' My 5-y.o. nephew doesn't like any of the three ingredients by themselves, but when you put them together.... Darin, we can only assume that he was against celery before he was for it? :P

What the hell is Peanut Power Butter? I could only guess it's been blessed by George Washington Carver.

Someone can't spell. "Beens"? "Prefereably organinc"?

The 'No tomato products' bit is good for a chuckle, considering.

643898[/snapback]

I couldn't help noticing, as well, that by ommission the implication is that retatta is acceptable...

One more thread to file in the who gives a sh-- pile. Seriously folks, who the hell cares if Kerry likes bagels, and Dick Cheney likes diet soda?

Unreal. I put this up there with the bringing family members of politicians into discussion. It is bad taste and just shows how spiteful both sides are.

As an aside, I have noticed a large uptick in political bantor here, I guess that means mid-term election season is starting to go full bore, with the liberals whining that they are getting the raw end of the deal, and going into major overload attack mode on everyone and everything. And repubs getting that smug attitude, and making promises of budget cuts, tax cuts, and we never see them .

Woohoo.

One more thread to file in the who gives a sh-- pile.  Seriously folks, who the hell cares if Kerry likes bagels, and Dick Cheney likes diet soda?

Unreal.  I put this up there with the bringing family members of politicians into discussion.  It is bad taste and just shows how spiteful both sides are. 

As an aside, I have noticed a large uptick in political bantor here, I guess that means mid-term election season is starting to go full bore, with the liberals whining that they are getting the raw end of the deal, and going into major overload attack mode on everyone and everything.  And repubs getting that smug attitude, and making promises of budget cuts, tax cuts, and we never see them . 

Woohoo.

643964[/snapback]

I just regained some respect for you with this last post, finally a balance on target post. I think you just encapsulated the next campaign in a nut shell. Bib, any room in France?

I just regained some respect for you with this last post, finally a balance on target post.  I think you just encapsulated the next campaign in a nut shell.  Bib, any room in France?

644025[/snapback]

Maybe, but Elodie is exclusively my friend.

Maybe, but Elodie is exclusively my friend.

644029[/snapback]

I think I would like to go back to the SW corner, down near the Arcachon Basin, near Cap Feret and the Dune de Pila. Beaches are show up dressed or not as you want and there a couple of old German Pill boxes being sucked into the dunes like something straight out of the Planet of the Apes. Pretty cool, went there on a bike trip after I graduated undergrad.

I think I would like to go back to the SW corner, down near the Arcachon Basin, near Cap Feret and the Dune de Pila.  Beaches are show up dressed or not as you want and there a couple of old German Pill boxes being sucked into the dunes like something straight out of the Planet of the Apes.  Pretty cool, went there on a bike trip after I graduated undergrad.

644065[/snapback]

If I get to go, it will be Normandy.

Iceland maybe better.  They have a need for defense experts now.  :P

644202[/snapback]

I'm surprised it took this long for them to shut down Iceland. Lots of strategic importance protecting the northern sea lanes during the cold war days, but sort of a place just to hang out since then.

No, somewhere on the continent so I can drive places.