Who's left at DT??

Sounds like you wish to squeeze Ngata. Not that there's anything...

Ourlads, an actual scounting service with ex NFL scouts, calls Ngata the classic boom or bust type. ( Some coach will try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear ).

A ringing endorsement if I ever heard one for giving someone a huge contract. Same goes for Bunkley ( a 2nd round talent, small ) and Gabe Watson (Inconsistent, questionable effort and weight issues ) .

If you reach for a need at #8, you get Mike Williams more often than not. Gabe Watson would be a nice gamble if around in Round 2, because he has a big upside. But with that top pick, you might be smart to accept a trade down and gather extra picks.

If you are stuck, you draft the best athlete available and NEVER reach.

643794[/snapback]

Perfect post Mark, but why would one expect less from you?

Because of these 3 qbs (and Croyle who will almost certainly sneak into the first round), there should be many opportunities for a trade down. I am all for this, providing the Bills get what the #8 is worth, which is a ton.

Do let's see...Bannan gone....edwards gone....adams gone....

That leaves Triplett and Anderson as our only two DT's on the roster before the draft....

Let's hope they address it or else this team will be easy to run on......even easier than last year.....

643495[/snapback]

Brown and Jefferson

2 things:

1. it is clear that ngata is a gamble and has issues, but we want him because he is a need.

2. why dont we just take michael huff, he would be the best player available, and you cant say he isnt a need like ngata, our starting SS as of now is freaking coy wire, if thats not a need i dont know what is.

2 things:

1. it is clear that ngata is a gamble and has issues, but we want him because he is a need.

2. why dont we just take michael huff, he would be the best player available, and you cant say he isnt a need like ngata, our starting SS as of now is freaking coy wire, if thats not a need i dont know what is.

643988[/snapback]

I'm definitely on that bandwagon...to me Michael Huff is just a playmaker deluxe, and considering how deep this year's draft class is in DTs, we could easily take Huff in the first and snag a very good DT in the 2nd or 3rd.

is anyone thinking about the Bills switching back to the 3-4, cuz that could be possible as Ryan Denney is the classic 3-4 Strong side DE, and schobel would be the weak side DE. This would allow for Crowell to start at WILB and Fletcher at SILB, this would leave TKO at WOLB and Posey at SOLB. This may be a better option than using 2 DT's with poor depth at the position.

There will probably be a good DT or 2 who will be cut after 6/1. We will be able to sign him with the money we save by dumping Moulds and his entourage, and hopefully we will get at least 1 DT in the draft.

Additionally, the return of TKO will be an instant upgrade to the defense.

07 will be the year to rebuild the foundation of the Buffalo Bills Football Team.

643773[/snapback]

june 1 doesn't matter anymore. no good players last till then -- agents ensure that players have march roster bonuses so that they can get cut while the getting is still good on the FA market.

I can see taking one on day 1 and a second on day 2 but to me two on day 1 is overkill.

643787[/snapback]

I would've agreed if Pickett or a decent FA signed... but Tripplett is the only true talent on the roster at DT right now IMO, and even he's not all that.

is anyone thinking about the Bills switching back to the 3-4, cuz that could be possible as Ryan Denney is the classic 3-4 Strong side DE, and schobel would be the weak side DE. This would allow for Crowell to start at WILB and Fletcher at SILB, this would leave TKO at WOLB and Posey at SOLB. This may be a better option than using 2 DT's with poor depth at the position.

644013[/snapback]

i like the look of the linebackers but there is a major problem, we dont have a gigantic DT, tripplett certainly doesnt fit that role, and then we would almost have to take ngata.

i like the look of the linebackers but there is a major problem, we dont have a gigantic DT, tripplett certainly doesnt fit that role, and then we would almost have to take ngata.

644037[/snapback]

i like your point, but look at who we had at DT in our 3-4 Wright and Lodish. not exactly bohemoths. I think that it could work w/ Tripplett As well as Fletch And Crowell up the middle, but who knows what grampa simpson is actually thinkin?