What's going on with the Sabres????

WOW...this team has completely lost its way. Whats this now, a six-game losing streak? This meltdown is becoming really hilarious now. So much for all of those good feelings we all had a month ago.

I'd love to hear someone give some positives with this team right now.

WOW...this team has completely lost its way.  Whats this now, a six-game losing streak?  This meltdown is becoming really hilarious now.  So much for all of those good feelings we all had a month ago.

644022[/snapback]

We could be Leafs fans. That's a pretty positive thought. :P

WOW...this team has completely lost its way.  Whats this now, a six-game losing streak?  This meltdown is becoming really hilarious now.  So much for all of those good feelings we all had a month ago.

644022[/snapback]

We get it already! You've jumped off the bandwagon!! Don't worry.. we'll have room for ya when you want to jump back on in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

We get it already! You've jumped off the bandwagon!! Don't worry.. we'll have room for ya when you want to jump back on in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

644033[/snapback]

Now you are dreaming...

Sabres will be out of the playoffs so fast that Darcy Regier will not be able to get that 2nd round pick's jersey done in time for the playoffs...

By the way, is that 2nd round pick helping us THIS year yet? Im still waiting

Now you are dreaming...

Sabres will be out of the playoffs so fast that Darcy Regier will not be able to get that 2nd round pick's jersey done in time for the playoffs...

By the way, is that 2nd round pick helping us THIS year yet?  Im still waiting

644038[/snapback]

Wow, deja vu. :P

Wow, deja vu.  :P

644044[/snapback]

Unfortunately the truth hurts..

It is not November anymore....Sabres will not outwork anyone...the gig is up...cream eventually rises to the top and the Sabres cream is spoiled and exposed....bad defense, questionable goaltending...soft....they are not a good 5 on 5 team...

Hard work only goes so far. Period.

OK, so am I the only one who threw up in my mouth a little when Rory Fitzpatrick was the last man back and literally gave ground all the way to the top of the blue?

644011[/snapback]

I was there and cringing every time the guy was on the ice. He really took one for the team removing himself from the game by fighting, though. :P

We need, need, need Jochen Hecht back. Connolly wouldn't hurt, either. Because these tired (Numminen, Lydman) and sh------- (Fitz, Campbell to a lesser extent) blue-liners are killing us. We at least need to get the special teams back in rocking order to have a fighting chance in the playoffs.

Pominville's been sleeping, too. Lindy needs to wake his ass up with a benching.

Other than that, they gave great effort in the first and made some nice moves in a messy second. The third was dreadful and Lundqvist seemed to give the Rangers a needed spark.

The Sabres looked sluggish tonight, but, despite the crappy outcome, I think they have been playing pretty hard the last two games. This losing skid has come, unfortunately, during a very tough part of the schedule. Ottawa twice, Carolina and the Rangers, all upper tier playoff teams.

I am not losing faith, but I think Lindy might have to make a tough choice as far as goaltending is concerned.

Miller has just not looked sharp for a few weeks now, even when the Sabres were still winning. He made some really great saves tonight, but just looked dazed at other times. He was terrible in the shootout.

Earlier in the season, he was challenging wingers agressively (like Lundquist for the Rangers tonight), now they are spinning him around. He may be hitting the wall...or maybe he is thinking too much.

When they showed Mike Greir go out on the ice, just prior to Sikoras' first shot in the shootout, I hate to say it, but I knew Sikora was going to score. The announcers mentioned that Lindy had likely sent Grier out there, to remind Miller that Sikora likes to go to the backhand on his breakaways. And I could actually read Griers' lips, saying "backhand" So, guess what? That is exactly what happened! Miller comes way out of the net early on to challange, but Sikora just schooled him and made Miller back down and essentially take himself out of the play....Sikora made it look easy.

Biron has not looked great either, recently, but he has a little more experience. I don't know how much longer Lindy can give Miller to play out of this funk...he just does not look as decisive as he did earlier in the season. This Buffalo teams strength is not in its' defense. Good goaltending is a must for them.

I am really not trying to blame Miller for the whole skid, but am I nuts, in thinking that he has really been struggling? There is still about 3 weeks left in the season. The Sabres will likely finish 4th, 5th or sixth in the east...why not give Miller a week off, and see if Biron can get them back on track? Biron is a little streakey, but that is what the Sabres need right now...and to get a little healthier....

Pominville's been sleeping, too.  Lindy needs to wake his ass up with a benching.

644064[/snapback]

Not sure what you've been watching, but Lindy is not shy about handing out the benchings. See Vanek and Kalinin from the 3rd period last night. Pominville is one of the few players lately who bring it every night. That used to be the whole team's M.O., but there are definitely a few passengers along for the ride during this losing streak.

Taylor Pyatt has a way of making whatever line he's on the Sabres worst line of the night. I'm pretty sick of him and want him gone.

Defense is shakey, but we knew this the whole time. Darcy needed to get Fitzpatrick off the ice, but maybe there really wasn't anything offered. I'm sure Darcy would've preferred an impact today as oppossed to a 2nd-rounder tomorrow-- I just hope he explored all options for making this happen.

The real story has been goaltending. All season, if teams got three goals on Miller, they were typically three solid goals. No gimmees. And three was rare; he was allowing 1 or 2 on most nights. Now, it is an automatic 4 or 5, with one or two of them qualifying as "softees." And that was even before the losing streak, when the Sabres were able to score 6,7,8 on their own to pull out the win.

If you keep losing by one goal, even with a weak defense, you need your goalie to be the difference and make that one save he probably shouldn't make.

Relax all of you. The Sabres are a good young hockey team who won games because of playing with an edge and hunger, they have made the playoffs, really have no where to go at worst five spot at best forth, they have been playing teams that are playing for their playoff lives and important positions in standings, hungry teams, these games for them are not the most important they will play this year, for others these games are.

Relaz lets see what goes down when the playoff lights come on.

About Darcy he has done a fantastic job of stocking the team with great young players who are good players now and will get better. The Sabres also have a number of very good draft picks playing in junior hockey and minors, the team is positioned to be very good not just this year but for years to come. Very good days are ahead Sabre fans relax. This team is learning the lessons that make Champions.....

Not sure what you've been watching,

644169[/snapback]

True enough about the benchings, but what I was watching was the game, in the stands, and Pominville was loafing on more than one play. I think the kid has brought it most of the year, but he needed a wake-up call last night.

That's all.