What's going on with the Sabres????

Skiiiiddddddding.  I heard that if you live in Buffalo and you look out the window recently the sky is actually falling.  They've lost five.  But, they haven't really in my eyes been dominated.  They'll be fine.

643469[/snapback]

They were pretty much dominated in the loss against Ottawa that began this losing steak, but otherwise I agree. With three of the five losses coming against teams that are ahead of them in the standings I'm not ready to jump off any bridges yet.

I'm been out-of-the-loop for a week and find out the boys are slumping. What is going on? Should I be concerned? Talk me off the ledge X!

643461[/snapback]

Don't be too concerned. But change the beneficiary on your life insurance to X. Benedict, if you do that the Sabres should start winning again. How high is that ledge?

I don't get to watch them, but I aquaint it to a baseball slump. Very few teams in any sport get by without hitting one of those periods, I think. Just not try to be there at the end of the season.

Believe me, I know the syndrome. I'm a Braves fan.

I don't get to watch them, but I aquaint it to a baseball slump. Very few teams in any sport get by without hitting one of those periods, I think. Just not try to be there at the end of the season.

Believe me, I know the syndrome. I'm a Braves fan.

643934[/snapback]

Buffalo 3-2. halfway through. Unlike the Bills and Sabres, with the Braves you get a pretty consistent product from year to year.

I haven't seen much of this one (tuned in just before Briere scored) but judging from what I've seen it's almost a miracle we're in front. The Rangers have dominated possession and territory and are seriously outworking us.

On the positive much of what they're doing is on the perimeter and it's pretty obvious we don't have alot of respect for their defense. Still, if we continue to lose battles in our own zone it does not bode well for our long term goals.

I haven't seen much of this one (tuned in just before Briere scored) but judging from what I've seen it's almost a miracle we're in front.  The Rangers have dominated possession and territory and are seriously outworking us.

On the positive much of what they're doing is on the perimeter and it's pretty obvious we don't have alot of respect for their defense.  Still, if we continue to lose battles in our own zone it does not bode well for our long term goals.

643970[/snapback]

It is a worrying sign how often the Sabres are getting trapped in their own zone. In fact this has been true almost all season, but without a sustained forcheck it seems like it is happening more often. It'll be nice to have Hecht back.

It is a worrying sign how often the Sabres are getting trapped in their own zone. In fact this has been true almost all season, but without a sustained forcheck it seems like it is happening more often. It'll be nice to have Hecht back.

643972[/snapback]

Hecht's loss is killing us on the PK most of all. He's so damn good at reading plays that it's super obvious when he's not out there.

We also miss Connelly's freewheeling. His speed and creativity forces the opposition's defense to be more selective when they pinch or join.