What if?

I am not disagreeing with you, I know its not feasable to have the #1 overall it was a speculation thing but if we did get the pick knowing our glaring needs you wouldnt take the Brick #1 overall. It would be very hard not to pull that trigger. A guy like him comes along once every ten years.

643318[/snapback]

If I had the #1 pick w/ this team I would....trade the pick away.

Realistically, it would be hard for Buffalo to swallow the #1 pick monetarily wise.

Oh, and we did get who we thought was going to be superb on the OLine in Mike Williams. What a bust he was.

Not saying that Brick isn't the shiznit, but for this team, the best thing is to trade down and horde picks. The talent level between 8 and 12-15 isn't that great. I've also heard this draft is at least 3 rounds deep this year.

Now, hypothetically, if I had an expansion team and I was starting anew, I would pick either Leinhert or the USC RB (his name is escaping me).

Why not, we have a great running, lets get a tackle that we dont have to worry about for the next 12 years. Lets actually put someone there to solidify a spot.Instead of plug and go, we are not the Pats, obviously lets get a top tackle and build around him.

643278[/snapback]

SOunds a little deja-vuish of the 2002 draft when we were talking about Mike Williams, and Bryant McKinnie.... Risking one pick on a player alone is risky enough, mortgaging future draft picks next year as well on a player is even more dicey. I stay put, or trade down a little bit.