Bullets and Bits

Ahem....you have to consider the source!

Pat Moran is a guy who posts over at Bills Fan Zone, that's all. He's a web geek who lives in his mom's basement making posts on Bills Fan Zone. And when he is not doing that, he goes to other Bills boards under aliases posting links to his own posts with comments like "...this is a FASCINATING article...Check it out!!" 0:)

He thinks he's Chris Mortensen, but he is just a little man living in his own web fantasy world. But he's savvy enough to con websites like Fox Sports into thinking he's a legitimate member of the press.

PTR

But it's interesting that more and more people are starting to see that he isn't the answer. 

643175[/snapback]

More and more people are bored off their ass right now and are making any arguments, however lame, to pass the time. In a week or so I expect we'll have folks posting definitive answers to questions about the Grassy Knoll, Jimmy Hoffa and Sasquatch.

More and more people are bored off their ass right now and are making any arguments, however lame, to pass the time.  In a week or so I expect we'll have folks posting definitive answers to questions about the Grassy Knoll, Jimmy Hoffa and Sasquatch.

643434[/snapback]

How dare you? Isn't this really about UFO's and Chupacabra?

Interesting fact, but I think an argument could be made that it's incorrectly assuming cause and effect.

Often the reason those guys made the PB was that their teams were very good which in turn made them look good.

643012[/snapback]

Excellent point. It takes a good team to appear in the Super Bowl and the quarterback of a good team is going to get Pro Bowl consideration, even over better quarterbacks on lesser teams.

How many people accurately predicted the career path to the Pro Bowl for these players through their first 9 starts?

Farve - please

Hasselback - nope

Brad Johnson?

Rich Gannon? (after which comeback?)

Certainly not Tom "F'in" Brady

Kurt Warner? (before or after he bagged groceries)

Chandler?

Delhomme? Who?

I agree with you. Most QB's required 2-3 years in the driver's seat before they were competent. And JP hasn't had the time, the coaching, the line, or the continuity to receive an accurate assessment of his abilities.

Even an assessment by the most practiced of fans.

How many people accurately predicted the career path to the Pro Bowl for these players  through their first 9 starts?

Certainly not Tom "F'in" Brady

Kurt Warner? (before or after he bagged groceries)

643070[/snapback]

Based on your question, didn't Brady and Warner have decent results in their first 9 starts? Don't get me wrong, I'm not pulling any plugs here, but those two don't belong on your list (unless you change it to the first 9 NFL games that they suited up for). The first 9 they started worked out OK.

Based on your question, didn't Brady and Warner have decent results in their first 9 starts?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not pulling any plugs here, but those two don't belong on your list (unless you change it to the first 9 NFL games that they suited up for).  The first 9 they started worked out OK.

643790[/snapback]

Yes they did and it was completely unexpected. But even after their first 9 games I'm sure most people never would have imagined the careers they've had. Not so coincidentially, they succeeded immediately on well constructed teams bullt for their talents. I do wonder how they would have fared in a Bills-type situation.

Kurt who?

Brady . . . Brady . . . Michigan State, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying JP could have done anything on those clubs, but there is little doubt Kurt and Tom tremendously benefitted from an ideal situation.

Therefore, it's nearly impossible to rationally dismiss JP as a failure until he's put into a position to succeed -- or until another QB (Nall?) demonstrates that indeed JP is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Article

642996[/snapback]

I can definitely understand getting Leinert and can half way see Cutlery, but I will throw away my Ovaltine Buffalo Bills decoder ring if we draft Young (in the first round :P ).

This guy is so overrated IMO.

Dud = Young unability to throw + his 6 UNwonderlic score + his inability to run like Vick.

Matt Hasselbeck, Tom Brady (three times), Donavan McNab, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner (twice), John Elway (twice), Bret Favre (twice), Chris Chandler and Drew Bledsoe were all Pro Bowl quarterbacks the year they led their respective teams to the Super Bowl.

What’ the morale of the story? If you really want to go to the Super Bowl, you better have a Hawaii-bound quarterback.

642996[/snapback]

How many of those QBs amounted to much for more than a season or two, maybe three?

Favre, Brady, and Elway are all that I see.

The moral of the story?

It's not QBs! It's lines! Every single one of those teams had outstanding offensive lines. Or did any of those QBs shine without a decent line?

Seems to me that Elway only won a SB with a killer line and TD.