Mother of all Hockey Fights

slothrop

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one time when we were playing Quebec, Dale Hunter takes out several of Mike Ramsey's remaining teeth with his stick and gets only 2 minutes. The next game, a brawl started BEFORE the opening faceoff! I remember there were several game nisconducts and I think at least 160 minutes in total penalties.

The white team is a bunch of pussies.

642369[/snapback]

That is exactly what I was thinking -

I was also wondering what the officials were thinking while it was going on. At some point they must have just said - "ah, F&@# it!" and let them riot until their heart's content.

For those of you younger than say 40, you won't remember this one , but Jim Schoenfeld got in some great fights in one game. in 1972 (I think) Sabres were playing in Buffalo against Boston. Back then you could get in 3 fights before being thrown out. Schoney was a rookie and Boston wanted to intimidate him. He fought Carol Vadnais,(sp), Bobby Orr, and Wayne Cashman. He won all three fights.

The one with Cashman was memorable. They were fighting right by the Zamboni entrance. They hid the gate and it opened up. They eventually moved into the hallway and were fighting under the stands!

thats ridiculous, why is it necessary to beat the hell out of the other team in any sport, and they wonder where the kids get it from  :P

642365[/snapback]

nothing wrong with fighting in hockey, i prefer hockey players exchaging fists rather than seeing a guy use his stick as a weapon which is a trend that has been growing.

For those of you younger than say 40, you won't remember this one , but Jim Schoenfeld  got in some great fights in one game. in 1972 (I think) Sabres were playing in Buffalo  against Boston. Back then you could get in 3 fights before being thrown out. Schoney was a rookie and Boston wanted to intimidate him.  He fought Carol Vadnais,(sp), Bobby Orr, and Wayne Cashman. He won all three fights.

The one with Cashman was memorable. They were fighting right by the Zamboni entrance. They hid the gate and it opened up. They eventually moved into the hallway and were fighting under the stands!

642517[/snapback]

In the 1970's... Who was the Bruin that chased the guy up the stairs for dumping a beer on him over the boards?

I don't know why I am thinking Rick Middleton... I know it wasn't him.

A little more entertaing than the Artest thingy since the Bruin chased the guy up the stairs with his skates on.

:P

And the bleeding heart liberal mentality finally blows into the thread...

Sterilize the world.

642519[/snapback]

yeah, my fault, it should be completely normal that grown men get so angry over a rubber puck that they chase each other with sticks and try to kill each other. what was i thinking :P

In the 1970's... Who was the Bruin that chased the guy up the stairs for dumping a beer on him over the boards?

I don't know why I am thinking Rick Middleton... I know it wasn't him.

:P

642596[/snapback]

Mike Millbury and Terry O'Reilly ??

yeah, my fault, it should be completely normal that grown men get so angry over a rubber puck that they chase each other with sticks and try to kill each other. what was i thinking  :doh:

642608[/snapback]

I don't think it is really that easy.

You are on skates... Busting your arse for 60 minutes... Somebody gets under your skin... Hacking, poking, needling you the whole game... You are tired sweaty and exhausted... I am gonna take you out if you get near my face with that piece of wood.

There is only so much one can take.

But... Then again... It is OKAY when a Sabre gets under one's skin... 0:):devil:

yeah, my fault, it should be completely normal that grown men get so angry over a rubber puck that they chase each other with sticks and try to kill each other. what was i thinking  0:)

642608[/snapback]

What, couldn't figure out a way to work in the "it's for the children" angle again?

Those who don't understand it criticize it. Hockey is the most honest of all sports, allowing those who talk trash or play the game outside the rules to pay for their transgressions.

What was on that video was sad because it had the worst behavior possible. Guys who swing their sticks or who jump into a one-on-one tussle with cheap shots are not revered by their teammates. That gives people like you a chance to jump in with your ridiculous "and we wonder where our kids get it" thing, regardless of the fact that such things are incredibly rare. Maybe I'm crazy because I think it's such situations that give the best parents a chance to work their magic.

I would put the average youth hockey player up against any other sport for the way they behave (on and off the ice). Because unlike other sports, they know there's a price to be paid for acting like a tool.

I would put the average youth hockey player up against any other sport for the way they behave (on and off the ice).  Because unlike other sports, they know there's a price to be paid for acting like a tool.

642816[/snapback]

I was reading your post and I was thinking to myself "wow, AD is actually making a logical, well thought out, argument, rather than simply a sarcastic remark followed by " 0:) ""

Then I saw the priceless comment above. :devil:

For those of you younger than say 40, you won't remember this one , but Jim Schoenfeld  got in some great fights in one game. in 1972 (I think) Sabres were playing in Buffalo  against Boston. Back then you could get in 3 fights before being thrown out. Schoney was a rookie and Boston wanted to intimidate him.  He fought Carol Vadnais,(sp), Bobby Orr, and Wayne Cashman. He won all three fights.

642517[/snapback]

You should have said younger than 25. 0:)

Schoenfeld didn't do a whole hell of a lot of fighting after the trip to the 75 finals.

0:)

642596[/snapback]

Terru OReilly ran into the Rangers stands, attacked the guy, took the guys shoe off and started beating him over the dead with his own shoe

Terru OReilly ran into the Rangers stands, attacked the guy, took the guys shoe off and started beating him over the dead with his own shoe

643059[/snapback]

I think he jumped the glass. And that was not just a shoe, but a Maxwell Smart telephone.