Nice job Darcy Regier

Good to have a "slump" now instead of the last week of April. Get that out of the way and get ready for the PLAYOFFS. First Sabres playoff game in 5 YEARS !!!!! Sabres will not see Ottawa or Carolina in the 1st round unless something totally insane happens. Most likely it will be Philly or the Rangers and the Sabres will most likely have home ice advantage. Worry about Carolina or Ottawa around May 1st.

The way Miller is playing, maybe it is a good thing Biron is still on the team.

Another night, another loss coming.

Darcy, how is that 2nd round pick rounding into form for the playoffs?

I hate to embark on a crusade, but other teams needed D guys, they got them...WTF was Darcy doing?

ATROCIOUS job

no...clements is right...we knew we had a mediocre defensive corps all season. it is bull sh-- that regier couldn't figure out how to turn our "embarrassment of riches" at forward and goalie into any real defensive help.

we do not have the defense to carry us past the first round of the playoffs. and when the benches get shorter during thepost-season, as they inevitably do, our lack of star power will be exposed even more. this whole season is turning into much ado over nothing,. real contenders never ever lose five in a row.

no...clements is right...we knew we had a mediocre defensive corps all season.  it is bull sh-- that regier couldn't figure out how to turn our "embarrassment of riches" at forward and goalie into any real defensive help. 

we do not have the defense to carry us past the first round of the playoffs.  and when the benches get shorter during thepost-season, as they inevitably do, our lack of star power will be exposed even more.  this whole season is turning into much ado over nothing,.  real contenders never ever lose five in a row.

642435[/snapback]

He is right and wrong. I look at it like this...... Letting Marty go would've been a dumb move in my eyes. Having two good net-minders isn't a bad thing. We saw what Marty did when Miller went down. Everyone is saying Darcy didn't do enough before the trading deadline.. But, no one ever mentions the defenseman they'd want for Marty or Norinen at the deadline. If I recall there really wasn't too many quality guys out there on the block (defense). The defense as well as Miller hasn't been sharp of late. I definetly see Lindy starting Biron in on of the next couple games. The team needs a spark. They aren't playing terrible hockey right now just lazy and unmotivated for some reason.

I saw the game live with JC Boston and some of the Boston Backers. The problem was not goaltending, it was the 5 knuckleheads in front of Miller! Each and every goal came off a turnover. Miller had to slide across the crease to make the save, which means open man on the far side. Total defensive breakdown, plus they are dragging their a$$e$ on the ice. I hope this is just a mental thing. If they are tired, there is no break for them to rest.

PTR

Five losses in a row...wow, talk about a kick square to the junk. You know, we'll have to start winning a few games to clinch a playoff spot, I wonder if the guys know that :P

This team better peel itself off the wall, you arent in the playoffs yet boys. This is shaping up to be an epic collapse. And yes, it is doom and gloom because of how poorly they've played...not just against the top teams in the NHL, but now against a really, really poor one.

I saw the game live with JC Boston and some of the Boston Backers.  The problem was not goaltending, it was the 5 knuckleheads in front of Miller!  Each and every goal came off a turnover.  Miller had to slide across the crease to make the save, which means open man on the far side.  Total defensive breakdown, plus they are dragging their a$$e$ on the ice.  I hope this is just a mental thing.  If they are tired, there is no break for them to rest.

PTR

642443[/snapback]

And it's not so much the defensemen either as it is the forwards not getting back to help. Dumont in particular. :P

Five losses in a row...wow, talk about a kick square to the junk.  You know, we'll have to start winning a few games to clinch a playoff spot, I wonder if the guys know that  :P

This team better peel itself off the wall, you arent in the playoffs yet boys.  This is shaping up to be an epic collapse.  And yes, it is doom and gloom because of how poorly they've played...not just against the top teams in the NHL, but now against a really, really poor one.

642444[/snapback]

This all started when Ruff announced that his daughter was sick,no? From an out-of-town-not-much-sabres-news point of view, this looks to be a direct result of that. Everyone's probably quite distracted (and rightfully so). Any word on that, by the way?

-Jeff

Five losses in a row...wow, talk about a kick square to the junk.  You know, we'll have to start winning a few games to clinch a playoff spot, I wonder if the guys know that  0:)

This team better peel itself off the wall, you arent in the playoffs yet boys.  This is shaping up to be an epic collapse.  And yes, it is doom and gloom because of how poorly they've played...not just against the top teams in the NHL, but now against a really, really poor one.

642444[/snapback]

But... BUT... They are 5-5 in the last 10... Not bad... Not great... But, BAD.

Turn it around now though.

:devil: