Why is this news buried?

I would think a "peace treaty" from India to Pakistan would be front page news. This is two nuclear power who are in a tussle and to have a full peacew treaty offered is great news. Ladies and Gents from what I hear in my sources this has major implications on the region and will be a good sign in the continued backing of Pakistan in the Afghan war, as they will be able to free resources from the Kashmir boarder.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/2...n.ap/index.html

Buried? It was on the news here. And notice that it was well after press time for most newspapers.

Maybe the reason why people bash the media for not having any "positive news stories" is that they don't read (or watch) it in any depth. The past several "good news that's not reported" threads, I *have* read and seen it reported. And I'm less well-read than the average bus driver.

Good news for sure, after all the sabre-rattling that's gone on there in the past. Thing is that when Musharraf eats one too many double-cheese hamburgers or the next assassination attempt is successful, all hell's gonna break loose.

Buried? It was on the news here. And notice that it was well after press time for most newspapers.

Maybe the reason why people bash the media for not having any "positive news stories" is that they don't read (or watch) it in any depth. The past several "good news that's not reported" threads, I *have* read and seen it reported. And I'm less well-read than the average bus driver.

Good news for sure, after all the sabre-rattling that's gone on there in the past. Thing is that when Musharraf eats one too many double-cheese hamburgers or the next assassination attempt is successful, all hell's gonna break loose.

641783[/snapback]

Yet it isn't on the front of CNN, or even on their world page, I had to dig for it. It isn't on the front of the Wash Post, Fox, none of them. They all have it buried.

Yet it isn't on the front of CNN, or even on their world page, I had to dig for it.  It isn't on the front of the Wash Post, Fox, none of them.  They all have it buried.

641809[/snapback]

CNN had a post a few days ago as to how we were disrupting their peace process.

That's all you need to know.

Yet it isn't on the front of CNN, or even on their world page, I had to dig for it.  It isn't on the front of the Wash Post, Fox, none of them.  They all have it buried.

641809[/snapback]

Maybe because they haven't even met to discuss the proposal, let alone sign anything.

I would think a "peace treaty" from India to Pakistan would be front page news.  This is two nuclear power who are in a tussle and to have a full peacew treaty offered is great news.  Ladies and Gents from what I hear in my sources this has major implications on the region and will be a good sign in the continued backing of Pakistan in the Afghan war, as they will be able to free resources from the Kashmir boarder. 

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/2...n.ap/index.html

641773[/snapback]

It only involves just under 20% of the people on the planet. Of course I would bet not many of them know about it either. I think it is important.