Preemption Doctrine

Now this is thought provoking and refreshing in many ways. It presents the conundrum the US faces in dealing with fundalmentalist Muslim beliefs in the ME.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060324/...risingconsensus

From a rhetorical standpoint this argument reinforces Bush doctrine, even though in Iraq, I think it was the wrong decision for tactical reasons, interesting.

Shocked. Appalled. Outraged.

These sentiments have been expressed by many Americans in response to the 2006 national security report. Released last week, the report affirmed    President Bush's faith in pre-emptive action against potential threats to the United States.

What? That's been the policy for 6 years. And, a good one.

What does anyone think 9/11 was?

LOL, thought you would like this one!

641636[/snapback]

No one ever seems to want to point out that Mohammed was not only a Prophet, but a general and a business man as well. Violence in promoting Islam goes back to the roots.

No one ever seems to want to point out that Mohammed was not only a Prophet, but a general and a business man as well. Violence in promoting Islam goes back to the roots.

641653[/snapback]

Helluv a thing to have to deal with, much prefer the catholic peace/life sanctity adage, even though it is hypocritical.

Helluv a thing to have to deal with, much prefer the catholic peace/life sanctity adage, even though it is hypocritical.

641681[/snapback]

Difference being that Catholicism was originally rooted in non-violence. One has to admit that Jesus had some very quippy one liners that made a lot of sense. Although many throughout history have used Christianity in the most perverse ways, it still remains that Islam was never founded as a religion of peace. It's pretty obvious to me that that has colored things since both their inceptions. Also why so many can't understand what is going on now. Christian beliefs call for turning the other cheek, to over simplify. Islam is not happy unless everyone is Muslim, also to over simplify.

Difference being that Catholicism was originally rooted in non-violence. One has to admit that Jesus had some very quippy one liners that made a lot of sense. Although many throughout history have used Christianity in the most perverse ways, it still remains that Islam was never founded as a religion of peace. It's pretty obvious to me that that has colored things since both their inceptions. Also why so many can't understand what is going on now. Christian beliefs call for turning the other cheek, to over simplify. Islam is not happy unless everyone is Muslim, also to over simplify.

641689[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, which means that dealing with right wing Muslims is akin to fighting my younger brother, tore him up good and yet he kept coming at me. The only way to diffuse him was to sit on him, not punching him, until he calmed down and I could get away safely. Analogy only, but it is the only one I can think of that might fit how to deal with Iraq.

Couldn't agree more, which means that dealing with right wing Muslims is akin to fighting my younger brother, tore him up good and yet he kept coming at me.  The only way to diffuse him was to sit on him, not punching him, until he calmed down and I could get away safely.  Analogy only, but it is the only one I can think of that might fit how to deal with Iraq.

641715[/snapback]

Doesn't work on an anthill. My best immediate analogy.

Ah, got it. Then what? Is it possible to train or guide...ants?

641755[/snapback]

Having fun?

Actually, yes it is. Talk to an exterminator. General, run of the mill ants follow trails. They don't swarm. when one crushes a few ants along the trail, the following ants back off and don't follow the same when they get the dead ant chemical signals. Nothing emotional involved, dead ant pheronomes indicate failure along this path.

They have to regroup and learn a new path. They will then make it to the picnic basket from another direction. One has to know how to take advantage of the point of confusion as they learn the new path.

As an ant anology...

Ah you are learning, just seeing how far you would go with it...LOL

Actually, minus the goofy analogies, it is a vexing problem unless there is a whole sale change in the practice of religion.

641785[/snapback]

Learning? My ass.

Now this is thought provoking and refreshing in many ways.  It presents the conundrum the US faces in dealing with fundalmentalist Muslim beliefs in the ME.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060324/...risingconsensus

From a rhetorical standpoint this argument reinforces Bush doctrine, even though in Iraq, I think it was the wrong decision for tactical reasons, interesting.

641463[/snapback]

I doubt a muslim would find it particularly thought provoking. To them, Mohammed is the prophet, Bush is just an infidel.