Given what TO got . . .

Peter

Given TO's contract with the Cowboys, is EM really being too unreasonable?

EM is clearly the best WR we have. Unless Lee Evans has a break out year, LE only benefits from having EM around to take the double coverages.

As far as I am concerned, the Bills hold all the cards in this as long as his contract is under the cap. If I were calling the shots, I would keep him on the roster for as long as he fits under the cap. I would never trade him to the Pats or let him go to another division rival. If it turns out we need the extra cap space later, I would wait until then to make the decision. By that time, the other teams will have spent their money and, as each day goes by, EM's position gets worse and worse.

In any event, there is no reason to jump the gun now unless some team offers us something that we just cannot refuse. If we do trade or release him though, he will be missed.

Speaking of Moulds...

Bills | Eight teams interested in Moulds

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:41:52 -0800

Frank Schwab, of the Colorado Springs Gazette, reports eight teams have shown interest in free agent WR Eric Moulds (Bills). However, Greg Johnson, Moulds' personal adviser, said working out a trade will be difficult because both the Bills and Moulds' new team would have to agree on draft pick compensation. The team would likely want to work out a new contract before trading for him as well.

EIGHT teams? Me likey...drive that price up.

Plus, isnt that reporting a little spotty? Its going to be difficult to trade because the Bills have to agree on compensation? How is that any different from ANY trade that goes down between NFL teams? Seems that sort of thing is implied.

I'd say the biggest hurdle is not the compensation (only so many options), its Moulds obscene contract.

I was trying to give EM the BOTD.

641480[/snapback]

I see the difference being between that of a world class talent and an average #1 WR- and I'd say that holds true at any point in their recent careers, mental illness brought on by steriod use notwithstanding.

Given TO's contract with the Cowboys, is EM really being too unreasonable? 

EM is clearly the best WR we have.  Unless Lee Evans has a break out year, LE only benefits from having EM around to take the double coverages. 

As far as I am concerned, the Bills hold all the cards in this as long as his contract is under the cap.  If I were calling the shots, I would keep him on the roster for as long as he fits under the cap.  I would never trade him to the Pats or let him go to another division rival.  If it turns out we need the extra cap space later, I would wait until then to make the decision.  By that time, the other teams will have spent their money and, as each day goes by, EM's position gets worse and worse.   

In any event, there is no reason to jump the gun now unless some team offers us something that we just cannot refuse.  If we do trade or release him though, he will be missed.

641375[/snapback]

dont ever confuse eric moulds with t.o! eric is ac player and t.o a a player..t.o may have baggage ,but he is 5 times the receiver eric is