consensus: draft this year is exceptionally deep

The word everywhere is that good players are three rounds deep (at least) this year, which means the bills could have a banner year in the draft. I'm starting to think the bills should trade down, preferably with the broncos. if the broncos want cutler (as many are suggesting), for instance, the bills could trade their first (#8) and a 4th to the broncos and pick up their 2 firsts (#15 and #22).

that would give the bills 5 picks in the top 73 (15, 22, 42, 70, and 73). they could address a lot of needs: OT, DT, safety, center/guard, and MLB (for future). these positions -- the middle/gut of the team on both offense and defense -- are the ones that establish a team for years to come. the bills could get some very good players, slightly below blue chip quality but necessary components nonetheless.

nice move is Denver is agreeable. I suspect it will be a day of draft deal at about the 6 or 7 pick when teams look at who is available at 8 and how badly they want (Young? Cutler? Hawk? Davis? or some inexplicable slippage of another player in the top 5 like Williams (unlikely) or the Brick (impossible.) Interesting first day and I think your idea is a real possibility and makes a lot of sense. Otherwise...Ngata.

I can't see anything wrong with that at all. I'd be surprised if the Bills came anywhere near close to fixing everything this year. Be a great way to build a base, and assuming 75 percent of them make the cut they will have a years experience when things round out next year.

I don't see much of a Need for a C either, we brought in Fowler who has potential and is young, and already have Preston on the roster so its not really a huge need.

A TE is a need cause beside Royal, and Maybe Everett, we don't have anybody worthy of being a usable starter. Bringing Davis would be good cause he fill the TE/WR hole and be the replacement for Moulds.

But if Denver would make that deal for their 2 first rounders, I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake