Run Stuffing DT project?

I have a suggestion for a big run stuffing DT for the Bills... Marv - get 'er done! :lol:

He's Lorn Mayers.

Lorn Mayers (99) - Berlin Thunder (and LONDON BLITZ!)

Height: 6-4

Weight: 320

Position: DT

College: None

How acquired: Nat/United Kingdom

PRO CAREER: Returns for a second season in NFL Europe having played for the Berlin Thunder in 2005 at the age of 19… Saw action in five games last season… Became the youngest signing in NFL history in July, 2005, when he inked a deal with the Oakland Raiders at the age of 20… Was among the final cuts of Oakland’s training camp in September Heads into the 2006 NFLEL season as one of the league’s most promising young international players.

COLLEGE/AMATEUR: Played just one season of amateur football – for the London Blitz of the British American Football League – in 2004 before catching the eye of NFL Europe League scouts.

PERSONAL: Has worked as an NFL analyst and presenter in the United Kingdom for Channel Five, Sky Sports and the BBC… During one filming session in September, he met William ‘The Refrigerator’ Perry… Born in London and lives in Edmonton… Hobbies include playing and watching basketball and listening to music.

Hell I'm on Nick.....What the worse thing that could happen? Cut him? Sign him?I'll tell you 6'4" - 320lbs that would work for me. I would, however, think that the Raiders have kept their eyes on him.

A DT that plays basketball? Must have some agility.

641023[/snapback]

When this guy played on my team - he showed us his agility by pinking up a basketball and showboating dunks. Ever seen a 6-4, 320lb guy hanging from a rim and beaming??? I walked backwards in case the hoop broke.

I remember you posting some pics of this guy last year when arrived at the Oakland camp last year. Didn't you play ball with him Nick?

Good luck to your buddy's shot at the NFL, if he were to make the Bills squad, it would be great to really have someone on this board who actually has a legit inside source at OBD. It would be interesting to get an scoop of what is happening inside the locker room from a players perspective.

When this guy played on my team - he showed us his agility by pinking up a basketball and showboating dunks.  Ever seen a 6-4, 320lb guy hanging from a rim and beaming??? I walked backwards in case the hoop broke.

641036[/snapback]

Safe move.

When this guy played on my team - he showed us his agility by pinking up a basketball and showboating dunks.  Ever seen a 6-4, 320lb guy hanging from a rim and beaming??? I walked backwards in case the hoop broke.

641036[/snapback]

Nick, I am assuming this guy was not on the oakland practice squad last year? Any insights why?

Nick, I am assuming this guy was not on the oakland practice squad last year? Any insights why?

641169[/snapback]

He was not on the PS because he was justr 19 back then. And with only qa year of football under his belt.

The plan is that he plays more extensively this year in NFLE for Berlin and get s a shot on a PS again this year. I'd say after NFLE this year and a PS year he could challenge to start in the NFL.