I like Marv's approach, but Bills not better

jahnyc

I like that Marv has targeted some younger, lower priced free agents to fill needs, but I don't think the overall team is any better than it was at the end of last season (which, at that point, was not a good team). Overall, I am not sure that the acquisitions of Royal, Triplett, Bowen, Fowler and Davis offset the losses of Campbell, Adams, Milloy, Teague and Moulds (assuming he leaves).

Yes, it will be great if TKO comes back strong, but the Bills may have a rookie at one of the DT spots and holes still need to be filled on the oline and at safety. Moreover, our qb situation is unsettled.

I was hoping for much more from free agency, at least one strong starting offensive lineman and a starting safety. If Moulds is cut or traded, we will have significant cap room and no one to spend it on since most quality free agents have been signed. I hope they will use the money to re-sign Clements or to lock up other young players (i.e., Peters).

The Bills may have made incremental improvements at some positions (i.e., tight-end), but this is still a team that needs a significant improvement and the draft will not fill all of our needs.

I don't know if the replacements are great, except for Tripplett is a big improvement, but I don't think that the losses were any big deal. I also agree that all our needs will not be filled thru the draft but I also feel that we will make a couple more key aquisitions in either in free agency or with a trade(s). I do believe that Marv & Co. do have a deliberate plan and they are executing it.

I like that Marv has targeted some younger, lower priced free agents to fill needs, but I don't think the overall team is any better than it was at the end of last season (which, at that point, was not a good team).  Overall, I am not sure that the acquisitions of Royal, Triplett, Bowen, Fowler and Davis offset the losses of Campbell, Adams, Milloy, Teague and Moulds (assuming he leaves).

640882[/snapback]

I think even the Marv apologists are beginning to come to grips with the fact that this team has not made positive strides with regard to personnel this offseason. Not even close. Gone are those snappy "it's just the first week of free agency" responses.

I like that Marv has targeted some younger, lower priced free agents to fill needs, but I don't think the overall team is any better than it was at the end of last season (which, at that point, was not a good team).  Overall, I am not sure that the acquisitions of Royal, Triplett, Bowen, Fowler and Davis offset the losses of Campbell, Adams, Milloy, Teague and Moulds (assuming he leaves).

Yes, it will be great if TKO comes back strong, but the Bills may have a rookie at one of the DT spots and holes still need to be filled on the oline and at safety.  Moreover, our qb situation is unsettled.

I was hoping for much more from free agency, at least one strong starting offensive lineman and a starting safety.  If Moulds is cut or traded, we will have significant cap room and no one to spend it on since most quality free agents have been signed.  I hope they will use the money to re-sign Clements or to lock up other young players (i.e., Peters).

The Bills may have made incremental improvements at some positions (i.e., tight-end), but this is still a team that needs a significant improvement and the draft will not fill all of our needs.

640882[/snapback]

Well, did this post make you feel better or worse?

I guess the thousand other negative posts were not enough.

What the hell do you want us to do? We are all Bills fans, why do people find that these negative posts help anything?

Does it help people vent? I mean whats the point? We know who we signed. We know they are all average players. We know they dont make us better on paper.

Did anyone see the the movie Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy? Bills fans remind me of the depressed robot Marvin.

I don't want my post to be perceived as entirely negative. Marv seems to be a breath of fresh air for the organization.

The one thing I find frustrating and may be properly characterized as a vent is the state of the offensive line. It has been such an area of need for so long and it has not been addressed.

The Bills sucked hard.

640906[/snapback]

"Hmmm, I want to add a comment here expressing my dissatisfaction with the actions of the current front office... let me think.... I know, I got it... this will tell the world what I am thinking in a concise and pithy way. It is original yet not too subtle... I will go on-line and type.....

The Bills sucked hard

Brilliant

"Hmmm, I want to add a comment here expressing my dissatisfaction with the actions of the current front office... let me think.... I know, I got it... this will tell the world what I am thinking in a concise and pithy way.  It is original yet not too subtle... I will go on-line and type.....

The Bill sucked hard

Brilliant

641081[/snapback]

Well, if your going to play the insult game, it helps to quote correctly. I wrote, "The Bills sucked hard." :blush:

But, for your information, this was a reference and joke on posts in a thread going back months. But, obviously, it sailed right over your head. :lol: