Vince Young

I have seen a recent post where some idiot has us taking Vince Young with the #8 pick. I would not take him in the 7th round. With guys like Ngata, Williams, Huff, etc... why in the **** would Marv and Dick take Vince young?

640766[/snapback]

Cause Vince is the shiznit?

I have seen a recent post where some idiot has us taking Vince Young with the #8 pick. I would not take him in the 7th round. With guys like Ngata, Williams, Huff, etc... why in the **** would Marv and Dick take Vince young?

640766[/snapback]

Allright, just specualtion here, but shouldn't the bills at least schedule a private workout with this guy? Now hear me out.

Just read where he may be drifting to the 10-15 range in the draft. What would it hurt if we at least give the impession we may be interested in him? Now i am in no way saying we should take him, only it can't hurt if some team behind us THINKS we might want him, like maybe Detroit, who maybe give us a 4th rounder to swap?

Allright, just specualtion here, but shouldn't the bills at least schedule a private workout with this guy? Now hear me out.

Just read where  he may be drifting to the 10-15 range in the draft. What would it hurt if we at least give the impession we may be interested in him? Now i am in no way saying we should take him, only it can't hurt if some team behind us THINKS we might want him, like maybe Detroit, who maybe give us a 4th rounder to swap?

641231[/snapback]

If a team thinks we are going to draft Young they will trade ahead of us to get him, not trade with us.

I think he is a top ten pick, like a number of players...I just don't think he is OUR top ten pick. I could see us picking Ngata Williams (although the consensus is he won't drop this far) or maybe Davis or Huff if we can't trade down. Young and Hawk are wonderful, but not what we need right now, thank you very much.

I don't want to draft Young either and by all accounts no way will it happen (I have to admit I wouldn't be all that pissed if it did though). One thing that pisses me off is that some people claim he is a bad decision maker....he lead the fuggin nation in Passer Efficiency and is a great leader. There are a lot of question marks surrounding Young (throwing motion, wonderlic, etc.) but his upside is tremendous. IMHO he is top ten talent but we have our own 1st round QB to groom.

On the flipside, I think Culter is the most overrated QB in the draft. I know its not a one man show out there on the field but heres a little tidbit about Cutler...he's 11-34 as a starter.

Had a thought about Young:  Would a guy like Young be productive playing in Buffalo in Dec or Jan with his throwing arm?  Do any of you think that would be a hindrance to VY being great in Buffalo?  I could be wrong...just a thought

641642[/snapback]

No, I don't.

His throwing arm isn't an issue, I've seen him throw the ball with a ton of zip and a long, long ways.

The thing he needs to work on for the NFL is his accuracy. But I think he can zip the ball strong enough to be able to play in Buffalo.

No, I don't.

His throwing arm isn't an issue, I've seen him throw the ball with a ton of zip and a long, long ways.

The thing he needs to work on for the NFL is his accuracy.  But I think he can zip the ball strong enough to be able to play in Buffalo.

641708[/snapback]

Even so, we still shouldn't be too concerned with his accuracy anyways because with his skills, it completely changes the way a defense must prepare for us. Michael Vick is really not that great of a passer either, but defensive coaches who are preparing to defend him are losing sleep that same week. VY can do that also.

No, I don't.

The thing he needs to work on for the NFL is his accuracy.  But I think he can zip the ball strong enough to be able to play in Buffalo.

641708[/snapback]

Ever thought about this.....

He throws a side arm ball. The average NFL lineman is right around 6' 4". The results would be alot of ball that aren't going to make it to the wide outs. His mechanics are terrible and he's used to playing form the shot gun. I think that accuracy is the least of his worries at this point. Not to mention his wonderlic score was terrible. Keep in mind that this test is situational test, not an I.Q. test. That doesn't fare well for Vince Young at all. It's funny though if the draft was after the national championship game Young would've went top three. Now that the honey moon os over he'll be lucky to go top 10. I like Vince to but I really think he is going to have a hard time in the NFL.

Just so you know I'm a Texas fan too.

We are not taking a quarterback.  Nall would never have been signed if we had any thought about doing so.

641262[/snapback]

thank you. I think the reason why Nall was signed is that Levy doesn't think Losman is the man at qb and Nall might be the better option. I think that is the case and if so I don't mind that. Honestly if you were down to the last play of the game and we had the ball at the 5 yard line who would you want under center. A player who hasn't prove himself yet, or a guy who as played under one of the greatest Qb's who has ever played this game. I'll take Nall any day! :lol:

thank you.  I think the reason why Nall was signed is that Levy doesn't think Losman is the man at qb and Nall might be the better option.  I think that is the case and if so I don't mind that.  Honestly if you were down to the last play of the game and we had the ball at the 5 yard line who would you want under center.  A player who hasn't prove himself yet, or a guy who as played under one of the greatest Qb's who has ever played this game.  I'll take Nall any day! :lol:

641957[/snapback]

Ok so your saying since Nall played under Favre that makes him proven? :lol:

640766[/snapback]

Ask, and ye shall receive.

"Where has this come from?"

this

pronoun (pl. these)

1 Used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced: Is this your bag

•used to introduce someone or something: This is the captain speaking.

•referring to the nearer of two things close to the speaker (the other, if specified, being identified by “that”): This is different from that.

2 Referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned: The company was transformed, and Ward had played a vital role in bringing this about.

adjective (pl. these)

1 Used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced: Don't listen to this guy.

•referring to the nearer of two things close to the speaker (the other, if specified, being identified by “that”): This one or that one?

2 Referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned: There was a court case resulting from this incident.

3 Used with periods of time related to the present: How are you this morning?

•referring to a period of time that has just passed: I haven't left my bed these three days.

4 Informal used (chiefly in narrative) to refer to a person or thing previously unspecified: I've got this problem and I need help.

adverb [as sub-modifier ] To the degree or extent indicated: He's not used to this much attention.

PHRASES

"this and that" (or this, that, and the other) informal various unspecified things: They stayed up chatting about this and that.

"this here" informal used to draw attention emphatically to someone or something: I've slept in this here bed for forty years.

ORIGIN Old English, neuter of thes; related to that and the.

Guest dog14787

640766[/snapback]

Post might have been mine, We are really looking solid at the QB position, Lots of depth to!! :lol: Lets just overlook the most important position on the team. Doggonit your right, Without a good QB , Our draft pick will only get higher!!! Thats the spirit, lets start moving up in next years draft right now!! Who do you want under center on the last play of the game, Is there even a question? :lol:

640766[/snapback]

because Leinart will be already gone, and if someone wants to draft a QB, Young is the next best one.

but personally i would rather pick Davis if he is still there.

Ever thought about this.....

He throws a side arm ball.  The average NFL lineman is right around 6' 4".  The results would be alot of ball that aren't going to make it to the wide outs.  His mechanics are terrible and he's used to playing form the shot gun.  I think that accuracy is the least of his worries at this point.  Not to mention his wonderlic score was terrible.  Keep in mind that this test is situational test, not an I.Q. test.  That doesn't fare well for Vince Young at all.  It's funny though if the draft was after the national championship game Young would've went top three.  Now that the honey moon os over he'll be lucky to go top 10.  I like Vince to but I really think he is going to have a hard time in the NFL.

Just so you know I'm a Texas fan too.

641956[/snapback]

Yeah, while that is true, I don't believe that this has anything to do with his arm strength.

Its interesting though, Flutie had some good seasons for the Bills, with having about the same throwing height that Vince has. :P

His low throwing heights are one of the negatives that I'd put down for him. But I still do think he will be able to get the job done a la Flutie and throwing lanes.

The wonderlic is extremely overrated. For comparison's sake, I shall post my list again.

Ryan Leaf, quarterback — 27

Aaron Brooks, quarterback — 16

Dan Marino, quarterback — 16

Vince Young, quarterback — 16

Randall Cunningham, quarterback — 15

Donovan McNabb, quarterback — 12

Marcus Vick, quarterback — 11

Jeff George, quarterback — 10