Barbara Bush's Katrina giving

On that issue I am, the recount was a mess.  Missing votes showing up months afterwards make Phili politics look above board.  Katherine Harris should be in jail, if nothing else for the makeup and facelift job she had should be a crime.

641271[/snapback]

So, whatever your opinions are of what is going on now - you think we'd be better off with Gore?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will never see anything about me going after Cindy Edwards, EVER.  Heinz only on specific issues when she brought them up in her speeches.  I never attacked her personally.  Trust me, I have more ethics then most when it comes to that. 

Family members are off limits.

641261[/snapback]

If so and since I don't know you personally, I have to respect that. But, the rest of your party doesn't and differentiating becomes mute when one is doing it and another is not.

When we can get both parties to agree hands off then I will buy that arguement, but at least I can better understand and respect your stance. In this case though the act was portrayed by you as selfless and I couldn't disagree more and it is in the political post section, so how else am I to discuss it.

So, whatever your opinions are of what is going on now - you think we'd be better off with Gore?

641273[/snapback]

Ah, and the trap is set...hmm, from my political perspective yes...as a leader of the U.S. either choice wasn't great..that is why I thought you were moving to Europe.

Also, it depends on who Gore put around him for policy advice, don't think that can be any worse. Not sure he would have handled the P.R.....sales job any better. They both suck at it.

Hillary did donate their used underwear though. Remember she tried to write it off.  :blush:

641156[/snapback]

Fiction.

If you look at the Clinton tax returns you'll see that they NEVER claimed any deductions for any charitable contributions other than cash contributions.

This falls into the same category as the story of the Clinton staffers defacing govt. property upon leaving office and removing W's from keyboards - it makes a great story and some funny talking points, but it never happened.

Ah, and the trap is set...hmm, from my political perspective yes...as a leader of the U.S. either choice wasn't great..that is why I thought you were moving to Europe. 

Also, it depends on who Gore put around him for policy advice, don't think that can be any worse.  Not sure he would have handled the P.R.....sales job any better.  They both suck at it.

641282[/snapback]

I'm currently discussing a little thing in Iraq. Money's nice.

This falls into the same category as the story of the Clinton staffers defacing govt. property upon leaving office and removing W's from keyboards - it makes a great story and some funny talking points, but it never happened.

641283[/snapback]

Yes it did, and not just at the Whitehouse. It happened at several departments with the political appointees and their staff. I work here and it did happen.

Fiction.

If you look at the Clinton tax returns you'll see that they NEVER claimed any deductions for any charitable contributions other than cash contributions.

641283[/snapback]

The W key removal did happen, I did not participate in it, but know it did happen. Thought it was and still do think that it was funny, even if it was immature.

Just another thing for lemming ill humoured Republicans to whine about.

Never happen.  The Clintons and Gore never give to charities.

641014[/snapback]

And you get this as fact from where?

If you look at the Clinto tax returns from 1992-1992 you'll see that they donated at least $1.13 Million to charity on income of $2.87 Million - that's 39.55% (and doesn't include any charity giving they claimed in 1994 - the schedule D for that year isn't available).

Before you say, "Bush gives more", I'll tell you that since 2001 Bush has given $298,770 on income of $3.27 Million - that's 9.13% (I gave W a break and didn't factor in 2000 as his schedule D was also unavailable so I know his income but not his charity giving).

Also, it depends on who Gore put around him for policy advice, don't think that can be any worse.  Not sure he would have handled the P.R.....sales job any better.  They both suck at it.

641282[/snapback]

Given that he'd almost certainly have continued Clinton's miserable lack of foreign policy...yeah, he could have been worse.

If you look at the Clinto tax returns from 1992-1992 you'll see that they donated at least $1.13 Million to charity on income of $2.87 Million - that's 39.55% (and doesn't include any charity giving they claimed in 1994 - the schedule D for that year isn't available).

Before you say, "Bush gives more", I'll tell you that since 2001 Bush has given $298,770 on income of $3.27 Million - that's 9.13% (I gave W a break and didn't factor in 2000 as his schedule D was also unavailable so I know his income but not his charity giving).

641290[/snapback]

Did that include religious donations? Just curious...

641290[/snapback]

Wanna try again. He gave 19,000. with 297,000 in income. That is 6%.

http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/presreturns....CLINTON1992.pdf

It wouldbe nice if you actualy used facts at least once, rather then making up everything as you go.

Wanna try again.  He gave 19,000. with 297,000 in income.  That is 6%.

http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/presreturns....CLINTON1992.pdf

It wouldbe nice if you actualy used facts at least once, rather then making up everything as you go.

641328[/snapback]

In 1992 that is accurate - but I believe I clearly stated I was looking at the period 1992-1999 - why don't YOU try reading before you start accusing someone of not getting their facts straight?

Funny how you are all big into facts now, after this whole thing started because you made the blanket and ubsubstantiated statement that "The Clintons never give to charities".

I am not sure that is accurate, Gore was much more oriented towards FP and that is probably where he would have differed with Clinton the most.

641332[/snapback]

I hate to say it, as it does sound very partisan - but I fear we'd still be in negotiations with the Taliban.

In 1992 that is accurate - but I believe I clearly stated I was looking at the period 1992-1999 - why don't YOU try reading before you start accusing someone of not getting their facts straight?

Funny how you are all big into facts now, after this whole thing started because you made the blanket and ubsubstantiated statement that "The Clintons never give to charities".

641334[/snapback]

Why don't you try writing correctly then, moron:

1992-1992

I hate to say it, as it does sound very partisan - but I fear we'd still be in negotiations with the Taliban.

641335[/snapback]

Look I don't know Gore's FP leanings, other than the environmental stuff, so I am not going to try and predict.

Nice shot though, except the Taliban he might have gone after for defacing the Budhist statues.

From a purely military mechanical point of view, wouldn't it have been better to go after Osama like a blood hound, drop a bunch of Bombs on the Taliban and stay out of Afganistan, instead of actually invading. It just seems that this country is filled with historical trouble for invading forces no matter what the intentions.

Look I don't know Gore's FP leanings, other than the environmental stuff, so I am not going to try and predict.

Nice shot though, except the Taliban he might have gone after for defacing the Budhist statues,

641339[/snapback]

:blush: Nice catch.

Why don't you try writing correctly then, moron:

641337[/snapback]

Thanks for the personal attack and name calling over a typo - that's really helps the discourse here (I'll refrain from doing the same).

Typo aside, did you really think that the Clintons made $2.87 Million in 1992 and gave $1.13 Million to charity the same year, especially since I gave a range of years on the Bush tax returns? Sorry if that was confusing.

Thanks for the personal attack and name calling over a typo - that's really helps the discourse here (I'll refrain from doing the same).

Typo aside, did you really think that the Clintons made $2.87 Million in 1992 and gave $1.13 Million to charity the same year, especially since I gave a range of years on the Bush tax returns? Sorry if that was confusing.

641347[/snapback]

You accused me of NOT READING, and that is a personal attack.

Next time say what you mean.

Also, in looking through that I notice that your failed to show Gore and his whole 353 dollar return.

Also, I didn't go through but did you double coount some of the carryovers?

On that issue I am, the recount was a mess.  Missing votes showing up months afterwards make Phili politics look above board.  Katherine Harris should be in jail, if nothing else for the makeup and facelift job she had should be a crime.

641271[/snapback]

So obviously you can't point me to a single recount that declared Gore the winner. Thanks for regurgitating the same tired (and ridiculous) DNC talking points. Jim Jones woulda loved you. :blush: